Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

etiquette

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi,

i'm going over to my girlfriends this coming weekend and we were planning on going all the way, i just wasnt sure what the etiquette is though usually as i'll be going on movies and what friends have said but i guess after finishing do i flush the condom and then come back naked and cuddle or wear my boxers and come back or something else? sorry i know i sound absolutely clueless, any advice would be helpful! thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    Im gonna be honest and say I wouldnt know what to do with a condom afterwards cos the guy has always dealt with it :blush: I dont know if they flush or not but im sure someone else will pop up soon.

As for afterwards, let her get to the bathroom first to clean up, and make sure you do as well.
    You can gauge how comfortable she is with you, whether you want to stay naked or just put some underwear on. If she does then follow suit.
    And yes, cuddles are always always appreciated from a guy :D
  • Options
    goofball wrote: »
    i guess after finishing do i flush the condom

I would avoid flushing it down the toilet. The toilet system is not a trash can. Rather wrap it up carefully in some tissue and dispose of it in a bin.
  • Options
    You're not supposed to flush them. Apparently it blocks the toilet.

On the main question, who cares? Create your own etiquette by doing what you want.
  • Options
    Don't let movies tell you how to live. Do what you want. Don't flush the condom though.
  • Options
    ah thanks guys, yeah just didnt want to come across as an idiot or a complete beginner i guess.

bin it is then, with a bunch of tissues to not make a mess
  • Options
    when you throw it away, tie one end so it wont leak and then wrap in tissue
  • Options
    Best to not plan anything and just do whatever seems right.
  • Options
    so when you see them in movies just get off eachother and straight away lie down next to eachother? that cant be very sanitary ? lol
  • Options
    so when you see them in movies just get off eachother and straight away lie down next to eachother? that cant be very sanitary ? lol

HA...yeah, I wouldnt trust anything you see in the movies.
  • Options

Sex isn't sanitary. And that's half the fun! :D
  • Options
    Pack the condoms, make sure there are some tissues in the bedroom and that's about it really. Remember you need to withdraw straight after coming otherwise your semen could leak out. Just tie a knot in it and put it in the bottom of a bin where it can't be found, wrapped in tissue. It's normally a good idea for you to both go and urinate after sex- especially for her, cystitis isn't fun.