Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dying Hair....zombie hair please?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ummm my hair is dying, at a rapid rate, Ive bleached, straightned basically abused my hair, an now am trying to fix it, help pleasee?

Comments

• Options
    lots of deep conditioning treatments can help a bit, but basically if you've abused it that much there isn't much you can do really apart from cut it to remove the unhealthier stuff.

i have a similar problem, had highlights put in about 18months ago but now even though ive dyed it brown the bleach and straighteners it's so split endy where there bleach was it just looks knackered.
  • Options
    should I just cut it shorter, or just cut the split ends? an its been a little better with a shitload of conditioner, I have normally had really thick strong hair, but about a year ago my friend convinced me to start using hairspray alot more, an I think thats what wore it down, its getting better, but should I cut alll the ends or compltley go through it?
    thank you btw :)
  • Options
    you cant fix hair thats fucked. You can deep condition it to make it feel slightly better, but when its got to that state you probably need to cut it all off
  • Options
    Cut it off to the roots if you've abused it that much. Don't buy any "fixing" hair products, they're gimmicks. As with something as simple as split ends, nothing can fix them, you have to cut them off.
  • Options
    The shorter you can cut it the better really..
  • Options
    eat well, drink lots of water, take a multi-vit if you can, cut it short, and use a mositurising shampoo and conditioner, preferably without SLS (sodium laryl sulphate) or silicone as they damage your hair over a long period. Something like naked shampoos or the tresame naturals range