Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ever had to fight off other people?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't mean that in a violent way either.
Well basically, in my social group which all hang round the city centre which if you've ever been in Plymouth on a saturday you'll see a massive group of people wearing 'black' who look about 14/15 years old :L

But anyway to get straight too the point. There this girl i really like, and i mean she's stunning like not even going to lie, i've met some pretty looking people in my life, but she's just something else.
So yeah i start talking to her about a month ago, and we get to know each other quite well and i met up with her on saturday, with a few friends went back to hers for some drinks they left and i stayed the night, was good fun.
And the next day we're texting and she says she likes me, quite a lot.

Then later on I'm on facebook, and talking to a friend whom i'm quite close with and i start talking about the weekend and well he quite likes the same girl as me, and we'll they've been talking a lot too, she said to me she doesn't like him because he's just after the sex (bare in mind when i stayed round, i didn't let anything happen) and then there's this other guy called Levi who quite likes her, same sort of story.

I think both of them, want to date this girl as much as i do, and well it seems like its going to be a bit of competition in the sense only one can really win as such (I'm trying has hard as i can to not make her seem like an object) So yeah, me and my friend have talked and we're both a bit bitter about the situation, it's been left at let the best man win.

The thing is she is having a small party this friday, and all three of us have been invited, i can't help but think this is gonna cause some friction... I don't think i've ever managed to get myself in this sort of situation before....

Although i'm seeing her today, we're going for a smoke together, and on friday she's invited me to come round before the party starts and before everyone else arrives, and in her words so we can "watch films and get distracted".

I don't really know what to make of all this.

Comments

• Options
    I don't think you have anything to worry about.
    It sounds to me like she really likes you, nobody else.
    If your friends aren't happy about that then at least you know they're not true friends.
  • Options
    I hope you're right :)
  • Options
    Even if I sound like a pussy, as soon as there is competition around a girl I withdraw. Too much flies on one piece of poo (maybe a bit inappropriate analogy) destroys the beauty. Usually petty digs are exchanged and this is just not my way of doing it. Often times the ego of the girl skyrockets and thinks she is somewhat divine which makes this all even more repulsive.

All I can offer you is not be too much in her face. Play it cool, go up to her once or twice that evening and see where this leads you. Maybe you end up going somewhere secluded and talk for quite a while in private, which is a big bonus. In my opinion, the one guy who is friendly, but doesn't act he needs the girl wins over the hotheads who wine and dine her.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Even if I sound like a pussy, as soon as there is competition around a girl I withdraw. Too much flies on one piece of poo (maybe a bit inappropriate analogy) destroys the beauty. Usually petty digs are exchanged and this is just not my way of doing it. Often times the ego of the girl skyrockets and thinks she is somewhat divine which makes this all even more repulsive.

All I can offer you is not be too much in her face. Play it cool, go up to her once or twice that evening and see where this leads you. Maybe you end up going somewhere secluded and talk for quite a while in private, which is a big bonus. In my opinion, the one guy who is friendly, but doesn't act he needs the girl wins over the hotheads who wine and dine her.

See i agree with everything you said in the first part, that's exactly how i feel about most people. Just this time it's different, maybe worth the competition. And Again im so glad i've just been playing it out how you've said in your last part... Maybe a little forward, but at my sort of age you've kinda gotta be.
  • Options
    Sometimes, when I think a romantic interest is more worth it than others, I tend to remind me that this opinion of mine only exists, because my i-want-to-put-my-penis-in-her-hormones tell me to and that other people could think completely different, maybe even because they can assess her more objectively. In the end we are all made out of the same decaying organic matter and it stinks when we poop.
  • Options
    Rethought this through.... Although today went well :)
  • Options
    Shikari wrote: »
    I think i have a picture which can sum this thread up :)
    dial up internet is super slow to upload pictures.

Like I said, one man's trash, another man's treasure. I doubt you can convince many mid 20s here that she is the one and only just by posting a photo of her, a young teenager. If you think you can make this judgment mainly off her looks then be my guest, but this is a mistake many a man, including me, has done before.
  • Options
    I'd be well freaked out if some guy I had only just started seeing posted a picture of me and him on a message board for the whole world to see... without my permission. Just sayin'.
  • Options
    I'd be well freaked out if some guy I had only just started seeing posted a picture of me and him on a message board for the whole world to see... without my permission. Just sayin'.
    Considering she's posted that on tumblr :L which gave me the idea to post it here. But nevermind :3
    And Strubbles, it's not serious and i'm happy ^_^