Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

GoodBye

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I can't get on chat right now.. But i just want to say that, ive got quite a lot of stuff going on in my head at the moment, and i dont think its fair on the people on chat... I want to say thankyou so much for all your advice and to everybody who has helped me out and listened to me.. you all know who you are.. I am so grateful... I think i am going to take a break from chat for a week or so, I need some time to think..I have got maths work and also sorting my head out... I cannot say this enough how grateful i am for all your support...

I guess i could stop all the overdoses and the selfharm but the truth is i can't, i did but then i fell back into it i feel very angry and ashamed..Kind of feel like i have let people down.. I am sorry to everybody who told me to go to the doctor and accident and emgencey and i didnt listen... I wish i could turn the clocks back

Anyway just want to say thanks.. and i will miss talking to you all.. I will still post on here but chat is pretty much out of the question for a week or so, i need time to just clear my head..

Claire

xxx

Comments

• Options
    Hey Claire, first of all you haven't let anyone down, having a relapse is nothing to be ashamed of and happens to a lot of people who are struggling with self harm and the the kind of low feelings you've been having.

Big hugs *hug* we're all still here for you and if you feel you need a break from chat for a bit then that's a really positive step to be able to know what you need at the moment. Look after yourself and give yourself some space to clear your head a bit if that's what you need.

Just to reassure you though, you're always welcome in chat no matter what you're going through - if it helps to come in and just listen to the conversations as a bit of a distraction then of course don't hesitate to pop in :) Chat's not going anywhere so whenever you're ready then just come along.

Have you spoken to Samaritans again recently? Might be worth giving them a call if you're feeling alone and of course keep posting here if you need to vent, want some support or just need some virtual hugs, take care :heart:
  • Options
    Hey Claire,
    Sorry to hear you are going through so much at the moment, hope to see you around a lot more on the a boards, and your always welcomd to chat always!!

Take care *hug*
  • Options
    Sometimes I find chat is at its best when I don't feel like I have to talk about my problems. That's not all we are as individuals, or as a community.

It can be good when you're having a bad day to just talk to people about the weather, Waterloo Road, Eastenders, dinner, work, etc. So maybe if you don't want to talk about your problems with us, you could just pop in and talk about everything and nothing for a bit.

There's no pressure, whatever you want to do.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    Sometimes I find chat is at its best when I don't feel like I have to talk about my problems. That's not all we are as individuals, or as a community.

It can be good when you're having a bad day to just talk to people about the weather, Waterloo Road, Eastenders, dinner, work, etc. So maybe if you don't want to talk about your problems with us, you could just pop in and talk about everything and nothing for a bit.

There's no pressure, whatever you want to do.

:yes: This was always something I preferred doing. I don't want to discuss my problems all the time - especially when all I got was a lecture about how stupid / dangerous the stuff I was doing is.
  • Options
    Thanks for all your wonderful advice.. It means so much to me... :-)
    Jo- Thanks so much in answer to your question ive not been in touch with the samatians again... I guess im feeling ashamed.. and trying to just cope on my own...

I dont know how i feel at the moment.. :(

Anyway maths revision is calling...

C xx
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    ClaireS wrote: »
    I guess im feeling ashamed.. and trying to just cope on my own...

*hug*

Finding ways to cope on your own is never a bad thing, but to get to that point where you feel you can do that without feeling worse, it's good to let others help you build the strength to do so - listen to you, comfort you and help you to identify ways you can feel positive about yourself.

How's the revision going? :)
  • Options
    **helen** wrote: »
    *hug*

Finding ways to cope on your own is never a bad thing

I was once told that I must learn to do this. I can see his point; but it wasn't easy.
  • Options
    Thanks Helen.... :-) Yeah i see what you mean... I just dont know how i feel anymore... :/ And its frustrating me..
    The revision is okay... Trying to get my head around maths again.. after what feels like forever its only been a few months.. But ill be okay with it this time... Going to put all my attention into revising.

I may pop into chat ( i know i said i wouldnt but i feel like i need to talk )

C
    xx