Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

not safe

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
here is the story i self harmed 14 days ago my sister foud out and made me go to A-N-E (worst thing i have ever dun) i jsut dont trust my self to be my self eney more coz of what i might do to my self but than agen i dont wont pips to care to much abut me if understand that :crying:

Comments

• Options
    Hey :wave:

you said going to A & E was the worst thing you've done- why? did you get to speak to someone like a community nurse or psychiatrist?

what made you self-harm? Maybe its worth making an appointment with your GP if you are feeling unsafe?

It's great you felt able to come on here and start a thread.

BB x
  • Options
    Hi, welcome.

I think the next person to see, if A&E didn't refer you to a mental health crisis team, would be your GP as BB says. I know it's Friday now but if you really feel unsafe you could call the out-of-hours team.
  • Options
    a&n was bad coz was felling so ashmed of what i did i jsut felt like was wasting there time and as for why i self harmd it was a log time in cuming i have been low for a long time and a fight with my mun jsut puched me over line and as for going to the gp i dont know if i can
  • Options
    You weren't wasting their time. A&E staff tend to be busy so they are abrupt and it can feel that way, but it's not the case.

When you've been to A&E your GP will be told and will expect to see you, so, again, not wasting their time. You should make an appointment as soon as possible and see if you can arrange to see them regularly whilst things are bad.

It sounds like you've only self-harmed that time, and that's really good. There is a good fact sheet on visiting your GP here.
  • Options
    no i have self harmd for a log time its jsut the furst time sum-one had foud out it was that bad and i was working with a mental health teem but as i am now 18 i am no longer seeing then
  • Options
    OK, in that case you definitely need to go and see your GP. I would even suggest getting an urgent appointment.
  • Options
    ok i am going on holaday next firday so i might go after my holaday
  • Options
    I think you should go before, but it's up to you.
  • Options
    ok i am juat afrad abut going tbh
  • Options
    Doctors are trained to help you with these issues.
    it's up to you obviously but you should get an appointment before it all gets to much again. If you are 18 or over your GP may reffer you to CMHT (community mental health team) in your area.

If you are feeling unsafe go back to A&E. In a way this could be a positive thing, that you took yourself to A&E in the first place, cut or not as you can start to address your issues and allow people to support you.
  • Options
    Doctors are trained to help you with these issues.
    it's up to you obviously but you should get an appointment before it all gets to much again. If you are 18 or over your GP may reffer you to CMHT (community mental health team) in your area.

If you are feeling unsafe go back to A&E. In a way this could be a positive thing, that you took yourself to A&E in the first place, cut or not as you can start to address your issues and allow people to support you.

i am going to see my gp on wesday is there eney thing else i shod say??
  • Options
    Just be as honest as you can. Write things down if you need to.
  • Options
    tar for all ur help you are all great :)*hug*
  • Options
    Let us know how it goes :)
  • Options
    update

jsut an update my gp is going to send me to the community mental health team so i can get sume help:chin:
  • Options
    Good! That sounds like a really good outcome. I hope they are able to help you
  • Options
    so do i i thinck thise is the puch that i needed to get help i need