Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

help..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i dont know what to say, i dont know whats wrong. but all i know is that i dont feel like me if that makes any sense. i feel lost, scared.
my BEST friend of all time could be moving. 9+ hours away. and yeah i get it we could keep in touch but its not the same. shes not in a great place right now and not many see that but me, thats why we are so close. i love her to pieces! we are going on holiday in about 2 weeks, im scared that is the last time we are ever really going to hang out. i feel i need her to be here for both of us, we cheer each other up when we are at the lowest points. more importantly shes like my sister, sounds cheesy i get it but thats how close we are, fight like sisters but love each other like sisters. our friendship is perfect for us. i want her here more than anything in this world!
also, ive just found out that im not pregnant after coming round to the idea of it so thats a bit of a shock..
dont get me wrong, i know what i have in my life is great but i cant help feeling like somethings missing. i have this AMAZING 'friend' who i love. HE likes me too. and we are meeting up this wednesday. so excited but im scared that my dads gunna blow up infront of him. (not literally obv) he makes me feel like im on top of the world, and says hes there for me etc. theres so many great points in my life and i appreciate them more than you will probably realise.
but things like my family. my dad doesnt treat me the same as my sister, ALWAYS takes her side. he wouldnt believe me when i told him nothing was going on with my best friend which i mentioned before cos shes recently 'come out of the closet' as it were. that hurt me more than anything. he said the fact i was getting upset about it means i was lying. but i was getting upset cos he said i couldnt go on holiday which we have been planning for MONTHS and that he wouldnt believe me. my own dad!
also, im closer to my sisters BOYFRIEND of 6 ish years than i am to any of my family. i mean that isnt right, surely?
i get i need to look for the positives and everything like that, but its hard when i see my life crash down around me.
i dont know what im feeling completely i dont know anything. except i need advice.
i know ive gone on for a bit and im not really sure what i gotta do, but if you could help i would really be grateful.
Thanks x

Comments

• Options
    LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    Hey Looking4Help :wave:

It sounds like you are feeling a bit confused at the moment, you can see lots of positive things in your life but at the same time things are changing around you and you don't feel like you're getting a lot of support from your family especially your Dad *hug*

You mentioned that your best friend is moving away which, when you're really close to someone, can be hard to accept. As you said though just because she is moving away doesn't mean you'll lose your friend you may just have to put in a bit of extra effort to stay in touch and go and visit her. Have you talked to her about how you guys are going to stay in touch? You'll probably find she'd feeling just as anxious about being away from you, so it would be good to talk to her about it. Maybe think of some fun ways to stay in touch and help her settle in?

Sorry to hear you found out you're not pregnant, this can be hard and you might feel like something is missing because of this. It sounds as though you have two really great friends though, and perhaps you would consider talking to them about how you feel about the pregnancy and also about your feelings in general?

It understandable that you might feel down and not really yourself at the moment, taking these things into consideration. It's good that you have recognized these feelings though, and are seeking advice from us. As I said before, do you feel you can talk to anyone you trust such as a friend about these feelings? Continuing to talk here on the boards will help too, perhaps you could tell us a little bit more about these feelings you're having?

We also have live chat sessions four evenings a week where you can come and talk about anything and everything so please do pop along if you'd like to :thumb:

Please do keep posting,
    LauraO
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah I have someone I can talk to. And I know he will keep it to himself but the problem is how to bring it up in a conversation. I feel I can't just say this wherever whenever. :(
    I have talked to my best friend bout her leaving but not in great detail as she has always ended the conversation with ':/' like she doesn't wana talk about it.

Thanks for the advice :) means a lot x
  • Options
    LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    Hey lookingforhelp,

How's it going? Did you manage have a chat with your friend about how you are feeling? Hope things are looking up for you now :)

LauraO