Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Our emotions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When it comes to our relationships with others sometimes they might not go quite as planned whatever that may be.

I just wanted to look at the emotional side of things.

If we experience some kind of hurt such as a loss what is the best way of dealing with it and processing it ?

Is it just time as they say that is a healer ?

I mean whatever the hurt might be such as a rejection or a loss is it something we can learn from ?

REM once sang 'Everybody Hurts.' If this is true (which it probably is) how can we minimise the problem ?

I've seen books in the library about mending a broken heart. Maybe this sort of thing can teach us much about ourselves.

I mean I guess most people, if not all, experience things such as the end of a friendship or romantic relationship.

Maybe it is how you process it that counts.

Ultimately life goes on and maybe once a heartbreak of some description has happened people look to invest in another relationship. Possibly this relationship could be better than the previous relationship.

What are people's thoughts around this ?

Comments

• Options
    Is there any reason why when you post these threads, you don't answer the question yourself? :confused:
  • Options
    Well I'm just saying what I think and then trying to see what other people's views are as I don't think there is a definitive answer. I could say what I think, but then other people will have different ideas and experiences I would imagine. I just wanted to see what range of opinions and ideas there are.