Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

In between therapists

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm about to finish up with my current therapist and am looking for a new one. I'm only finishing with my current one because I moved and I really do not want to but I don't really have a lot of choice. She's amazing.
Obviously I'm upset and negative towards finding a new one, any one got any advice/success stories?

Comments

• Options
    Are you private or NHS?

I've had hundreds of therapists / social workers / psychologists in the past ten years and have generally got along fine with them. If you're worried about handover, talk to your current therapist about things you definitely want to address in her notes to your new therapist.
  • Options
    I go private. I've had maybe 3 or 4 different ones but none have them had got anywhere until this one. She really has helped me beyond words and I'm so reluctant to go with someone new and have to explain everything.

And since its from country-to-country I can't really get a handover although I will ask my current therapist if she could even email a new one or something thank you. Struggling to find a new one, none have spaces or it costs too much.
    I'd go NHS but I can't afford to wait I'm verging on crisis.
  • Options
    Where are you going from / to? I'm sure they'll email once you have something set up.

I'm not sure what to suggest I've never used private healthcare
  • Options
    From France to the UK.
    I'm not having all that much luck even finding one with a slot available so I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow and see whats happening there.