Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

im sooooo depressd

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im a man inmy eary 20's and Since my teens I dont think ive had a single period of time that iv been truely happy, there has allways been one problem after another which has involved me been sevierly bullied, sexualy abused or having bad health mentaly and physicly or just in a bad financial state. when i was 15 it got so bad that i just couldnt cope and tried to hang myself which i faild due to my bedroom ceilin unable to support my body weight. that was 8 years ago and my life is still terrible. it might sound pafetic but since i was 15 i started smoking cannabis and its helped me cope but nt deal with my problems but nw im smokin ridiculas amounts just to get by, if i go a day or so witout smokin i feel like im a gettin a constant reminder of all my problems at once which has known to make me mentally unstable i get so depressed i just want to cry and i get dangerouse toughts which i believe at the time may help me. quite recently i saw my doctor about this and he didnt really seem to care that much, he just gave me a anti deprssants and that was it. The antidepressants didnt help they made my depression worse which resulted in my havin some sort of nervous breakdown while at work which im embaressed about due tothe way i was acting, ive now had to leave my job because it wasnt helpin and on top of things iv just found out that not 1 but 2 members of my close family could/are be serously ill.
I cant sleep properly and when i do sleep i have the worst nightmares imaginable to the point i cant stop thinkin about them throughout the day because they are that dark and disturbing

Comments

• Options
    I think you should see a different doctor.
  • Options
    Hi there

Wow you have had a tough time - it sounds like cannabis helps numb your feelings but not really deal with all that has happened to you. Is there anyone you trust that you can talk to? Would you be up for seeing a professional or maybe ringing a helpline? You've had such a lot on your plate I can't imagine how hard it is to deal with all of this by yourself. Nightmares often seriously affect people who have been abused and trying to cope without enough sleep is so difficult.

Doctors can make counselling referrals or you could try contacting an organisation like SANE who may be able to help you see that you're not alone. Rape Crisis has a national helpline for any survivors of abuse and can help you access local help if you felt ready to take that step.

Do keep posting here too, we'd like to know how you get on and if you need any more support please post

Take care :wave: