Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Getting girls to go out with you when they claim they're not interested.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How do some guys do this? I've just been texting a female friend, and she says she's now dating this guy who last week, she was telling me she doesn't like in that way and was asking for advice on how to avoid stringing him along but still be friends. Of course, that doesn't mean anything will come of it, but another friend is now married after initially rejecting her husband as anything other than a friend. Have I been going wrong all these years in not pursuing it when a girl is saying she's not interested in that way?

So in order to turn this into a thread, did you initially like your other half in that way or did he/she have to work on you a bit first?

Personally, I found my girlfriend attractive from the moment I met her, but then it was in a nightclub, so it's hardly going to be personality, is it?

Sorry it's a bit of a sexist title btw. Just writing from my perspective. So girls, feel free to comment on the same thing in reverse.

Comments

• Options
    another friend is now married after initially rejecting her husband as anything other than a friend.

Maybe, in her case, feelings developed more after getting to know each other better?
  • Options
    My first girlfriend irritated me beyond all belief I'm not sure how we got together really. But it was still fun for the couple of years it lasted.

Current girlfriend I had just never considered dating until she asked me and then we took it really slow until I was sure I wasn't just stringing her along.
  • Options
    My husband persued me for 7 years before I gave in
  • Options
  • Options
    I find a bit of 'grabbing' always does the trick

In all seriousness there isn't a 'method' of getting a girl to go out with you, it isn't a science. Sometimes when you first meet someone youre not interested that way but things can change. That's all it is. Either that or they're dating you for the sake of it.
  • Options
    yea. never worked for me. I've been on to girls who rejected me once several times before, but at some point they become desperate and you feel like a creepy stalker, so you let it slide. tbh, even if I knew it was worth it at some point in time, I can't be arsed to crawl after someone in the hope she will change her mind.
  • Options
    i guess some girls just like to be chased and pursued
  • Options
    I don't think its down to anything these guys have done. Its because feelings about other people can change over time and attraction to another person can come gradually as you get to know them better. Not everyone gets "love at first sight" or even instant attraction with people they will end up dating.

If you like someone then take the time to get to know them and spend some time with them as a friend. Then you are giving it a chance to develop. Not all couples start of with an instant romantic connection.
  • Options
    JanePerson
    I don't think its down to anything these guys have done. Its because feelings about other people can change over time and attraction to another person can come gradually as you get to know them better.

:yes:

It also seems to depend on the person - you might decide to keep pursuing this girl and not giving up - and it might work out - yet it also could mean 7 years later she is still none the wiser. There is something romantic in waiting and eventually falling for a friend and realising there's a connection, but it can also go very wrong. You could stay mates, get on with your life not hoping for more, and who knows!
  • Options
    hey im a girl and i would find it stalkerish after awhile if a guy were to keep pursuing me to like him so my advice would be take it slow and let them get to know u and see where that takes u and if she still doesnt like u after a few weeks there no point i did that with this one guy for 7 years but i didnt pursue him i just liked him and now ive been over him for 2 years but now im thinking he likes me so just take ur time and yah if it doesnt work out just stay friends and dont ruin that and if she needs guy advice give it to her that will show her that u r trustworthy and really nice and sweet

Wish u luck
    music 4 life :hyper: