Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Girl buying drinks?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I went on a date last week and he paid for my drinks (I had 3) and they weren't overly cheap. Now we're going for a few drinks and dinner next week so I really want to return the favour and at least buy him some drinks when we go out (I want to pay for my own dinner too). Would this be weird? I'm not really into the whole man paying for everything thing, even though I'm a poor student and he has quite a well paid job. I always feel guilty when people pay for stuff for me. Would I seem ungrateful if I paid for drinks and/or my own dinner?

Comments

• Options
    No, i think that would be fine. If i was in that situation I'd offer to pay as well
  • Options
    You should offer, that's just good manners.

In his position I'd refuse more than one and pay for the rest but I'm old fashioned like that.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with offering, something wrong with expecting. If he's got a healthy bank balance then he's probably going to insist on paying though. when I've had money I've thrown it around with girls who haven't.
  • Options
    I think you should offer, but you should also have the good manners to acquiesce when he insists that he should pay. It shows that you're not a gold-digger but allows him to keep his pride that he's treating you.

I'm old fashioned enough to want to pay too.
  • Options
    If I've got more money than them, I insist on paying, if I haven't then I'll offer to go splits and hope they'll pay.
  • Options
    I'm old fashioned enough to offer to pay (certainly when I am getting to know someone) but it's probably ruder to insist on paying for someone when when the other person wants to pay their own way.

If I was in the guys shoes here I would be pleased that you wanted to pay this time, it shows that you are interested in spending time with him and not just a free meal/drinks!
  • Options
    It's ok, we met again and decided to cancel the next date because there wasn't really anything there :( At least it saves me some money!
  • Options
    Id say 50/50, the man paying for the woman is just so 19th century :p

Then again, I dont have this problem. :thumb:
  • Options
    take in turns e.g 'my round next'. it's easier
  • Options
    I think its nice if on at least the first couple of dates the guy pays, after that then i guess its ok to split 50/50.
  • Options
    Louisek wrote: »
    I think its nice if on at least the first couple of dates the guy pays, after that then i guess its ok to split 50/50.

:yes:
    i would feel quite guilty if i let him pay for everything. we usually take it in turns.