Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

lambskin condoms?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone ever tried these and what about saftey? I know they don't keep out STD's but they are made from sheeps intestines which sounds a bit minging.

Comments

• Options
    eww sounds gross, i swear there from years ago before latex & stuff was invented (ok maybe they didn't use intestines but they used the skin or something)
    i'm not going to be using them cause sheeps poo will have been on the intestine (obviously) then although its cleaned (i hope) its still like your putting it inside/on you
  • Options
    Ewww
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Eeeew!
  • Options
    a quick look on Wikipedia says that they are intestines. Obviously, though, the intestine will have been cleaned thoroughly (I'm guessing sterilised) before packaging, so you won't find poo on it... [more appealing to me than Haggis].

I've not tried them but the internet seems to suggest that it feels the most comfortable and in some cases like you aren't wearing a condom at all. (but they aren'teffective against STD's, including HIV)
  • Options
    How very Roman :)
  • Options
    so they arent actually effective at preventing any nasties, so its just for the sheer joy of wearing a condom??
  • Options
    or the joy of putting a baby lamb on your cock?
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Ewww

Surely you mean "Ewe"?
  • Options
    so they arent actually effective at preventing any nasties, so its just for the sheer joy of wearing a condom??

Prevent against pregnancy.
  • Options
    How does a Welsh man find a sheep in long grass?

Irresistible ;)
  • Options

Lovely description!
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    Lovely description!
    It is if you're Scottish.
  • Options
    a quick look on Wikipedia says that they are intestines. Obviously, though, the intestine will have been cleaned thoroughly (I'm guessing sterilised) before packaging, so you won't find poo on it... [more appealing to me than Haggis].

Jesus, you need to look on Wikipedia to reassure yourself they are not selling dirty poo smeared condoms?

Yea, animals intestines used to be old contraceptives and it's not that ewww when you think about the "walls" that keep the inside of a sausage in place is an animal intestine too.

If you are asking because of latex allergy, there are other synthetic alternatives that do not contain latex.
  • Options
    I don't get the point of these to be honest. You might as well just use some form of hormonal contraception.
  • Options
    this thread is baaaaaaarmy ;)
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Jesus, you need to look on Wikipedia to reassure yourself they are not selling dirty poo smeared condoms?

no I had to look to make sure they actually were from an animal and it wasn't just some misleading name! Like catgut strings.... which aren't made of cat's guts.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Namaste wrote: »
    How does a Welsh man find a sheep in long grass?

Irresistible ;)

:)
    That's why I wouldnt eat lamb in wales. It's not that they fuck up the cooking, it's cos they cook up the fucking.

Never heard of lamb skin condoms. Sounds a bit wrong seeing as there are alternatives. Like fucking a dead lamb up the wrong'un.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Hahahaha!