Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

preppy polo shirts/short neat haircut cleancut look to attract women

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive never had a girlfriend and i dont want to say im desprate but im getting to the point where i will bend over backwards for a woman. im 23 single,tall 6 feet and have brown hair. for awhile i did the beard and long hair look and i noticed i diidnt get any attention and then i heard women liked guys with beards, now i decided to shave and cut my hair and wear polo shirts. Is this a good luck to attract women or will women assume im gay because i will look more clean cut? just curious, i clean my teeth and take a shower everyday and comb my hair neatly, just wondering what kind of look most women will feel attacted to. also im shy so i wanted to know if there is a particualar look that women like on a shy guy?

Comments

• Options
    i dont like the polo shirt look at all
  • Options
    Hiya I like that look its cool and fresh and very in at the moment!! But!!
    You should dress in a way that reflects who you are as a person if that makes sense then you should attract a girl who is similair in personality does that make sense?
    Some girls like long hair some don't ect i love the preppy loook for guy and girls but the above poster does'nt.
    I think you should just try to be yourself and be polite and nice an if u give girls compliments and be sincere i thinks most girls like a good man x
  • Options
    tastes vary. Dress and wear your hair and beard how you like it, which is hopefully not gross. If you expect to pull more women, because you change your appearance, you might be disappointed. Just stay true to who you are.
  • Options
    Ive never had a girlfriend and i dont want to say im desprate but im getting to the point where i will bend over backwards for a woman.

There's your problem. You should dress a particular way because it makes you feel confident or comfortable, not because you think it's what girls want.

As for advice meeting girls, it all boils down to one main piece of advice: the more girls you talk to, the more likely you are to meet one that likes you, and the more confident you'll get talking to them. But I think the people who are naturally good at going up to strangers and initiating a conversation are in the minority. A much better way of going about things is just by increasing your social circle a bit. When you're out with a friend, and they meet someone they know, introduce yourself. If you see your friends talking to someone you don't know, go over and join in. And don't wait for it to be a hot girl before you do it, because the more people you know, the more you'll get introduced to. I've met plenty of girls in bars, but it's usually been because I've been introduced to a new group of people by my existing friends, not because I've gone up to some stranger and used my best lines. As long as you're dressed in something presentable, you'll be fine (although the most attention I ever got was when I was dressed as Mario, so that's something to think about ;)).
  • Options
    My advice is to dress for yourself.
  • Options
    you shouild dress however you feel most confident. anything where you are trying to be/dress as someone you arent will not make you feel good.

i used to be a very shy person.( my sister too, she wouldnt even pay for things at the checkout coz of it) i still can be in certain situations but i got to a point where i realised that shyness really shortchanges you in life in a wide range of situations, i started to make more of an effort with people coz i realised that shy people are generally left to their own devices to get on with it. If you are in a crowded room and there is a choice of talking to a chatty person, a confident person or someone who looks terrified, people are always going to pick the others over you. So i started to pretend i wasn't shy and make more of an effort to talk to people. the more effort i made the easier it became until it was natural (except in extreme situations like meeting massive crowds of new people at the same time).

Shyness is endearing up to a certain point in life, a certain age then it just starts to look wierd, people can be very judgemental but in a way shyness makes you do exactly what can cause it in the first place - it makes you stand out from the crowd and not in a good way. Best thing to do is get practicing at talking to people, as many as possible and dont stress yourself about it.
  • Options
    It would really put me off someone if they thought they had to dress a certain way for me. wear what you feel comfortable in.
  • Options
    Doing all that is like using lines like these http://pickuplinesblog.com/ to attract women.

No wait! using lines is better, no matter if they are stupid. You cannot attract women by looking better. I tried it and it didn't work. You have to be proactive in approaching them. I gave you those lines for a joke but you can really try them for starting out...
  • Options
    *Lea* wrote: »
    My advice is to dress for yourself.

Yeah just do this. No point trying to change your look every other week just to try and get attention from women. Like Strubbles said, tastes vary. Some girls like the long hair, beard look, some like the short hair clean cut look. All depends really.

As long as you're not an utter and total scruff i dont think you can go too wrong. Saying that, some girls like the scruff look!
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    It would really put me off someone if they thought they had to dress a certain way for me. wear what you feel comfortable in.

Yep this. I just want a guy to be himself around me, not what he thinks he should be.
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Yeah just do this. No point trying to change your look every other week just to try and get attention from women. Like Strubbles said, tastes vary. Some girls like the long hair, beard look, some like the short hair clean cut look. All depends really.

As long as you're not an utter and total scruff i dont think you can go too wrong. Saying that, some girls like the scruff look!

With some men, they do look better with long hair, different clothes, etc. than other men.