Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Stomach making really weird noises...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Past 2 or 3 weeks my stomach keeps making this weird sounds..
It's sort of churning and a draining sort of sound? I don't know how to describe it... It's not because I'm hungry, it happens all the time, even after I eat... I'm finding it really embarrassing aswell as it is quiet loud and if I'm in a lesson when it's quiet, thats when it decides to make a noise and it's horrible! :(

Has anyone had any experience from this? Is it something to do with my digestion or something? I don't have a clue whats going on...
I'd talk to my mum about it but then she'll just go, "You're not eating enough" and that grinds my gears so...

Any thoughts?
Thank youuu (:

Comments

• Options
    I get it if I eat too much lactose (I'm lactose intolerant) because I can't digest it properly.
  • Options
    I'm not hungry though or lactose intolerant
    It's horrible it was doing it all day today aswell.
    :grump:
  • Options
    I had this problem when I was younger and in school, and no one seems to know what it was and I found it a very embrassing problem.
    But by making a few small changes in my diet such as eating brown bread, do not eat white at all expect for lik satuday when you don't have school
    and I had weekabix for breakfast and I did a poo every eveing and viola
    the noise was cured. I assuming I have a intolerance to some ingredient in white bread.

I stil to this day eat brown bread, I only eat white where a brown option is unavailabe!

So try these changes for bout 3-4 weeks and then report back to his thread and let me know. if it sorted your problem out
  • Options
    when was it the last time you've been on the can? those noises are a symptom of ileus. Doesn't mean it has to be that, of course.
  • Options
    I don't really eat bread over the week and I don't think anythings changed over my diet apart from I've started eating sultanas, if that would make a difference?

And I suppose I went last night? General time really
  • Options
    Well if and when you do eat bread, just try the brown anyway.
    Could also be trapped wind, though i doubt it actually.

Well try moving ur chair around nosily when you know ur stomach is about to turn or try sucking on polo mints, not chewing gum as that causes gas.

You should see the doctor, and ask to be tested for ileus, Tell them your finding it hard to learn because you can't relax in class becuase your worried about ur stomach making noises.
    It is a seriously embrassing problem, otherwise apply to be on the embrassing bodies programme, they are genuises!!!!!
  • Options
    I was thinking, could it have something to do with stress?
    My brother had some stomach-type related thing a month or two ago because he was really stressed...
    I do keep getting myself worked up and feeling the pressure, could that have something to do with it?
  • Options
    Do you have any other symptoms Bleepy?
  • Options
    bleepy wrote: »
    I was thinking, could it have something to do with stress?
    My brother had some stomach-type related thing a month or two ago because he was really stressed...
    I do keep getting myself worked up and feeling the pressure, could that have something to do with it?

you should maybe find a doctor/allergy clinic and get checked out for it. My sister has this a lot, because she has something similar to lactose intolerance (happens to her when eating Gluten rich products too). Keep in mind that intolerances can develop and even vanish again. Maybe try to keep check which kind of food causes this, especially if you have stomach ache and the runs too.
  • Options
    Nicole25 wrote: »
    Do you have any other symptoms Bleepy?

Symptoms for what?
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    you should maybe find a doctor/allergy clinic and get checked out for it. My sister has this a lot, because she has something similar to lactose intolerance (happens to her when eating Gluten rich products too). Keep in mind that intolerances can develop and even vanish again. Maybe try to keep check which kind of food causes this, especially if you have stomach ache and the runs too.

I'll speak to my mum and see if she can get me an appointment, sort of avoiding asking her because I'm pretty sure she'll make a jab at my eating habits -_-
  • Options
    Lots of things are stress related, so it may well be triggered by that..but that still doesn't determine what is actually causing it.

I have crohn's disease, and when it was active, my stomach made horrendous noises! So loud and like a drain. But crohn's is an extreme possibility. You may find you have an allergy, or IBS. However, docs kept telling me I had IBS, and I had to diagnose myself in the end...at which point I was very ill.

So I'd suggest having some blood tests done and going from there. Definitely discuss the possibilities with your GP.
  • Options
    I meant symptoms such as pains, diarrhoea, etc...
  • Options
    Um, not really just my stomach flipping out and making these noises, I do find it sort of hard to go to the toilet and I do get stomach aches sometimes..
  • Options
    Really sounds like IBS. But as I say, a blood test should help to rule out anything else, or indicate if any further tests are needed.
  • Options
    Um, not really just my stomach flipping out and making these noises, I do find it sort of hard to go to the toilet and I do get stomach aches sometimes..

As I was suggesting before, it could be a constipation too (the sounds are characteristically) and the fact that you have problems doing a number two speaks for that. If you press your fingers into your abdomen and move it around, can you feel a hard spot, like a knot somewhere?

In either case, you should consult a doc if it's not going away by itself.
  • Options
    Also, are you eating normally?
  • Options
    Eating how I have been for ages....
    I tried eating a bit more to see if that was the problem, but there was no difference
  • Options
    The same things happens to me too. It isn't because you are hungry or anything like that but it probably happens a while after you eat. it's the stomach processing the food in its own way
  • Options
    Eating how I have been for ages....
    I tried eating a bit more to see if that was the problem, but there was no difference
    That wasn't the question. It was are you eating normally / properly.
  • Options
    That wasn't the question. It was are you eating normally / properly.

Yes I am.