Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pollen

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is it really that time of year again already?

Or have I got a cold. Has just dawned that the eye rubbing and sneezing that seems to have appeared in my life may be hayfever rather than lack of sleep related. But surely not yet? It's still cold.:grump:

Comments

• Options
    I hope not.....

However, I have found this on http://www.allergyuk.org/fs_rhinitis.aspx:
    Grass pollen is the most common allergen, which affects sufferers at the specific times of the year when grass pollen is released (May - July). However some people become allergic to tree or weed and shrub pollens, and will therefore be affected at different times of the year (February to June for trees; September and October for weeds). The patient who is allergic to tree, grass and weed pollens may suffer a very prolonged 'hayfever' season. Rhinitis which occurs for only part of the year in this way is called seasonal allergic rhinitis.

So it's possible. :grump:

*sympathy from a fellow hayfever sufferer*
  • Options
    how weird!!! i said this the other day to my boss!! i started sneezing and my eyes started watering (they don't normally with a cold) but i thought it was a bit early :/

gahhh not the hayfever already!!!! :(
  • Options
    I think that if some one got the problem of sneezing and having cold and flu in pollen than he/she must take great care of him/herself.... Use hot scarf and also some kind of the tea in excess made mandatory......
  • Options
    Yeah, I think it is unfortunately >:(
    I have hayfever quite bad so im on prescription antihistamines, but i forgot to take them whilst on a camp for three days. I looked like a tomato with the flu.
    Surprisingly what really helps me for sore, itchy eyes is to wash my hands, and hold a small, damp wad of tissue to the corners of my eyes. I think it reduces the swelling or something :)