Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How can you tell when you're 'ready' enough?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Out of curiosity, how would you actually know?
Is there any "special" feeling, or do you just.. know? :chin:
A bit random, I know, but it's something I've wanted to know.. I feel like I am.. :eek2:

Comments

• Options
    When do you know you are ready to eat something? When you are hungry.

Physically you are ready for the longest time already. So I'd say if you are interested and curious in how it is and you don't think boys are ewww and give you the cooties, then that's it.
  • Options
    I don't think you can really be sure that you're ready - I think Strubbles is right to a certain extent but I'd also add that I was aware of my sexuality and very curious about sex long before I lost my virginity, and certainly long before I was emotionally mature and stable enough to be ready to do so.

I think it also depends on who you're with and how your relationship develops. If you're able to move from kissing to touching and being touched and you feel relaxed and comfortable doing all those things with that person, it's more a question of whether you want to take that final step with them. You can tell a lot about whether you're ready for full sex or not by how you feel about other forms of intimacy, and only you know that for sure.
  • Options
    Thanks :) you just, know by the moment and the person you're with. I shall keep this in mind, again thanks :P :d
  • Options
    Yep, sounds like a cliche but you do 'just know'. Like butterfly said, when you feel comfortable and relaxed with kissing, touching etc and not scared to go any further then you're good to go.

Also remember that if you think you're ready and tell a guy you are but just as you're getting down to stuff you get scared and want to stop, its ok to say no at any stage :)
  • Options
    thanks guys! :D i'll have to think over my desicion a.s.a.p and check with him, etc.. :P thanks for the advice, i feel more sure about this now :) xx