Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Want to be hurt(?)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi
Does it make sense, to want someone (who you have strong feelings for) to hurt you? Might sound stupid at first
but let me elaborate: Over a year ago I've been dating/seeing a girl for a couple of months. We broke up due to the fact
that I went abroad over the summer, and we agreed (not sure "agree" is the right word here) to take a pause(end it, it was quite akward,..):
no hard feelings basicly.

The last year I dated other girls. But I always avoided any real relationsship,.. it was a coming and going.
Long story short: I hurt a lot of em and never could get "her" out of my mind.
Always asking myself "What if?".
We haven't seen eachother since, but recent chats and calls increased the intensity of said feelings.

Well before getting to stuck up: Do you think its a good idea telling her how I feel, intentionally hoping her
to tell me off? I just want somekind of denial on her side, so I can finally move on.(I failed to do so alone sofar, despite knowing that it just wouldn't work),

Some opinions would be nice or possible alternatives, thanks in advance,
Cheers,
Jack

Comments

• Options
    Hi Jack...you obviously just need closure, so it's not strange that you need to hear that it's over. I guess you've got nothing to lose by telling her how you feel, but what if she wants you back? Are you sure it won't work?
  • Options
    Just said something similar to someone else.

This is entirely normal and is a good way to speed up the process of getting over someone. One of the only things I regret in my life is not doing this to someone I had feelings for, for a long time.

However with your situation, what would you do is she told you she felt the same? If you are still living away from her, are you ready for a long distance relationship?
  • Options
    Maybe not denial, but confirmation. I need that too. I want a girl to brush me off and tell me, it's not gonna happen, before she says stuff like, "we'll see what happens." or "I don't know...", or just avoiding any answer at all.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Maybe not denial, but confirmation. I need that too. I want a girl to brush me off and tell me, it's not gonna happen, before she says stuff like, "we'll see what happens." or "I don't know...", or just avoiding any answer at all.

Agreed.

Rejection hurts but it's a million times better than being dragged along, and actually whilst people are sometimes too wary of hurting someones feelings by teling them it's not going to happen I would actually have waaaaay more respect for any girl that tells it how it is....
  • Options
    I think the meanest thing you can do in this situation is give someone hope when there is none.
  • Options
    I agree entirely, I've done it myself from time to time and I feel like shit for doing it. I was scared of hurting their feelings but it is a lot worse for them than just telling them the truth.
  • Options
    The truth is always best. I have never strung anyone along, I am always quite straight and honest, as I don't see the point in being any other way. Although it may damage male pride initially, I think I have definitely earned respect from being that way.
  • Options
    Nicole25 wrote: »
    The truth is always best. I have never strung anyone along, I am always quite straight and honest, as I don't see the point in being any other way. Although it may damage male pride initially, I think I have definitely earned respect from being that way.

:yes: I've learnt from experience this is the best way.
  • Options
    Well first of, thanks for the replies.

The possibility that she wants me back i.e feels equally, kind of freightens me to be honest.
    Since on the one hand I still have feelings for her but on the other hand I can't really see us together (its akward I know and I cant quite explain this properly). Besides I just want this over with,...

(Concerning the "long distance-thing" I was abroad for 3 months "only" , back home now.)

Ah well, I'll probably see her next week and tell her my dilemma. If she tells me off, it might be painful but its finally over. And if she doesn't ... I'll see from there.

I'm glad that my situation makes more (or less sense) thanks again for the answers.