Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Charlie Sheen...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just wondered if anyone else find what's happening to him quite sad?
I am a massive two and a half men fan, and saddens me to see what is happening to him. Do we know what's "wrong" with him? If he carries on like this I dread to think how he is going to end up. Every time the news reports about him I am expecting the worst.
Just wondered what you guys thought?

(also wasn't sure if this was more for P&D, so mods, feel free to move if necessary)

Comments

• Options
    Well, what's wrong with him... cocaine, alcohol, marriage problems, huge wages, kind of all goes hand in hand. I've actually never liked two and a half men, so I won't miss it, actually pleased it won't be on any longer. Honestly though, I thought he was playing around with all this "winning" shit. He was playing up to it way to much for someone apparently having a breakdown. He apparently said that he is faking it all, to get the media talking about him.
  • Options
    why does everyone care so much? Normal people have drug, alcohol and marriage problems too...but nobody cares about those people, so why care about him. There are so many bigger issues in the world other than him that actually need to be investigated and reported but the media keeps them unreported.
  • Options
    At £1.2 million per episode, i'm sure he'll be able to get some therapy. If there's anything wrong.
  • Options
    Yeah I can see your points but it's also what he's doing to the people around him. Those poor children. I don't know if he's being serious when he says he is a role model for them and they'll be pleased of what he achieved now.
    I agree though the media need to back off.
  • Options
    Amira wrote: »
    why does everyone care so much? Normal people have drug, alcohol and marriage problems too...but nobody cares about those people, so why care about him. There are so many bigger issues in the world other than him that actually need to be investigated and reported but the media keeps them unreported.

because this man made the movie HOT SHOTS! and your normal average Joe hasn't.

But then again, i don't like two and a half men and to be honest he doesn't get any media coverage over here, so I have no idea what is really going on with him.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    because this man made the movie HOT SHOTS! and your normal average Joe hasn't.

But then again, i don't like two and a half men and to be honest he doesn't get any media coverage over here, so I have no idea what is really going on with him.
    So because someone is an actor/singer/other entertainer that give US the right to know what is going on in their personal lives and judge them on top of that?
  • Options
    To a point, yes. When someone becomes a celebrity they give up a degree of their privacy. I am not saying famous people do not have the right to a private life but if they use the media to promote their work then they have to accept the media will take an interest in anything they do which will create headlines.

Sheen seems to take this on the chin but I can't stand celebs that moan about press intrusion in their lives. Celebrites cannot expect the media to only report on the positive stuff they do.
  • Options
    Amira wrote: »
    So because someone is an actor/singer/other entertainer that give US the right to know what is going on in their personal lives and judge them on top of that?

No. Doesn't give us the right, but we find it more interesting anyway, instead of having a peek into Joe Smith's from bloomsbury road 14, drug and alcohol riddled life.
  • Options
    To a point, yes. When someone becomes a celebrity they give up a degree of their privacy. I am not saying famous people do not have the right to a private life but if they use the media to promote their work then they have to accept the media will take an interest in anything they do which will create headlines.

Sheen seems to take this on the chin but I can't stand celebs that moan about press intrusion in their lives. Celebrites cannot expect the media to only report on the positive stuff they do.

Agreed. If someone is willing to use the media to promose themselves then they have to accept that when things go wrong the media are going to maintain an interest in them.

"if you play the game be prepared to lose"

I'm not normally even vaguely interested in the whole celebrity thing but this story has a little bit more to it because he doesn't seem to understand what's happening to him, or at least if he does he doesn't say it out loud.

I actually will miss Two and a half men....
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    No. Doesn't give us the right, but we find it more interesting anyway, instead of having a peek into Joe Smith's from bloomsbury road 14, drug and alcohol riddled life.

Am I alone in finding this sad? I don't care about Charlie Sheen any more / less than I do out the average Joe.
  • Options

Kerry Katona in a sentence.
  • Options
    What you are watching is the effects of addiction, played out in the public arena. This happens to thousands of unseen people in the UK every year.

It's always sad.
  • Options
    It's definitely sad, although my sympathy is more reserved for all the various partners he's beaten up over the years rather than for him. It's no more sad than all the other people who destroy their lives, and the lives of those around them, through addiction though. And at least he's got the money to buy the support to sort himself out when he decides he wants to.
    Neddy wrote:
    Agreed. If someone is willing to use the media to promose themselves then they have to accept that when things go wrong the media are going to maintain an interest in them.

"if you play the game be prepared to lose"

I'm not sure I agree with that. I don't think celebrities who sell their lives to OK and Hello can really complain when those magazines turn on them and report the bad stuff as well as the good, but a lot of celebrities don't sell their lives to the chat magazines. I think they should be allowed to go out and about in public without some stupid twat at Heat magazine buying some long-lens photos of them on a beach and dissecting how they're too thin but have cellulite.

That said, the celebrities who deliberately keep their private life private don't get pestered. It's rare you see Natalie Portman in the papers, but then she keeps her private life private to the extent that Portman isn't even her real name.
  • Options
    I think its all bullshit he is a twat!! and if he was seriousley having a meltdown i am sure the papers would not be printing everyday about his antics its a publicity stunt!!! I wont even waste my time reading the articles x
  • Options
    Yes they would.

Unless you have forgotten a certain Miss Britney Spears.

The media are all over it because they know people will lap it up, even though it's very very sad. They don't care because it will sell stories.

Maybe it is a publicity stunt, but even that says something about his mental state, non?
  • Options
    It's rare you see Natalie Portman in the papers, but then she keeps her private life private to the extent that Portman isn't even her real name.

her name will always be mathilda!

i didnt even know who charlie sheen was
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
  • Options
    Rich obnoxious douche bag takes a shit-load of drugs and go on an ego trip. Heartbreaking.
  • Options
    Sad but his coming out with some cracking stuff. Tiger blood baby, WINNING!
  • Options
    Rich obnoxious douche bag takes a shit-load of drugs and go on an ego trip. Heartbreaking.
    My thoughts exactley x
  • Options
    deleted