Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

spirituality and life...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
(no idea where to put this, so I'll let our lovely mods decide)

Spirituality has been a big part of my life for a long time, and I've been an on/off practicing pagan for the past 7 years. I've been drawn more and more towards druidism (yes, go on have a laugh, I did originally at the idea of mad middle-aged men and women in cloaks hanging around stone circles, smoking various substances and generally behaving like geriatric hippies, but the more and more I have explored it the more I have found that its really really not like that. For more info have a look at the druid network site or any Emma Restal-Ore books). I'm seriously thinking of starting my bardic training (first of 3 levels of druidic training), but before I do, I have one huge problem.

I don't seem to find the time for spirituality!

I barely have enough time for myself, running a household, finishing my degree, keeping up my relationship and dealing my mental health stuff (I supposedly have BPD, but totally dispute it, and prefer a diagnosis of CPTSD). My spirituality is a really important part of my life, yet I feel I totally neglect it, and as a result have a gaping huge hole in my life. Part of me feels is due to the nature of the path I follow, as it has no book to follow, no particular place of worship, and I don't subscribe to any groups and thus have no hierarchy to follow, and thats something I'm just going to have to work with and find something that works for me. Living in north west london's concrete jungle hasn't helped but i'm moving to Gloucestershire soon, which I feel will help me reconnect with nature a little at least, which is a big part of paganism.

But I suppose, I'm just wondering if anyone else finds this in their life with their respective path of choice, and how they work around it and find time for spiritual practice in an already full life?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Miss_Riot wrote: »
    But I suppose, I'm just wondering if anyone else finds this in their life with their respective path of choice, and how they work around it and find time for spiritual practice in an already full life?

I find plenty of time for "spiritual practice". I find practising just before bed helps me gain an inner peace which in turn helps me sleep.