Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mind workshops

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I need something structured to do for the next 6 weeks (until it's finally Holy Week and then Trinity term) and there's a Mind centre around the corner that does some really interesting workshops.

I'm just not sure if they're aimed at me or not. I mean, I'm a student I'm not out of work because I'm ill or anything.

I'm not looking at the managing long-term mh difficulties or mindfulness-type-stuff, I just want distracting and silversmithing or yoga seem like they might provide that.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    I wouldn't see any problem with maybe going in and asking them this? Surely it'd be open to anyone?
  • Options
    plugitin wrote: »
    I wouldn't see any problem with maybe going in and asking them this? Surely it'd be open to anyone?

I know I've been trying to get the courage up to email but I always feel silly and get anxious.

But I would be interested to know if anyone's been to any.
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Sadly I haven't, but I wish you luck anyway!
  • Options
    I haven't had any personal experience of them, but I can clearly remember talking to two completely different people about them who were singing their praises from the rafters.

Go on, email them, just one quick little email, write it really fast, shut your eyes and press the send button. That will be the only difficult bit.

xx
  • Options
    Done.

It would probably do me good to go I think. I'm such a useless so-and-so if I don't have stuff to do and I'm at the start of a 7-week Easter vac.
  • Options
    Well done you!

Sounds like will definitely do you good over the vac. Cunning plan on your part.

xx