Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is it normal to be this impulsive?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I usually be nice to customers, but I made one error. I was like talking to a coworker about sauce packets. She was likem "Well, we give away a few for free, but if they want a ridiculous amount, we have to charge them." I replied, "Well, yeah, as long as they paid for it, they could puke it up for all I care." A customer was standing right there. I was like omg.

I felt like an a** for that, so I told my boss about the possibility of him calling. She was like, "I'll deal with him if he calls." Also, there's not gonna be a write up or cut hours. Or any consequence, basically. I just need to watch what I say. And I thought I was gonna die.

Omg, how am I gonna curb my impulse? work, not social, right?

Comments

• Options
    On the one hand talking about puke in a place that serves food is a bit gross but then again I'm going to guess its a fast food place rather than a fancy restaurant so I doubt the customer would be that bothered, certainly not bothered enough to make a phone call. You here much worse stories about those places than someone refering to a customer puking the sauce.

You should think before you speak and try not to refer to a body fluid and food in the same sentence.
  • Options
    JanePerson wrote: »
    On the one hand talking about puke in a place that serves food is a bit gross but then again I'm going to guess its a fast food place rather than a fancy restaurant so I doubt the customer would be that bothered, certainly not bothered enough to make a phone call. You here much worse stories about those places than someone refering to a customer puking the sauce.

You should think before you speak and try not to refer to a body fluid and food in the same sentence.

What a relief!