Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Feeling rubbish (could be triggering)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I feel lousy right now.

I've got all the side effects of making myself sick going on; blood in my vomit, painful ulcers, torn skin around my mouth, headache, earache etc. but I can't stop doing it and my arms really hurt. I want to find someone and tell them everything and have a hug but there's no one to tell and besides I think I just made myself a bit unpopular for theological reasons over tea.

Sometimes I forget that my friends here don't really know much about me. In order to talk to someone I'd have to go right back to the beginning and I can't.

I bloody hate days like this.

Comments

• Options
    hugs

can you find a way to break the cycle, find someone to sit with, just watch tv or something?
  • Options
    The Common Room is empty and I'm not really in the habit of knocking on people's doors
  • Options
    Huge *hug*

Life can be so awful sometimes, I've learnt this. And a lot of people round me don't know my past, and those that do think I'm better now.. but just because they don't know, doesn't mean you can't talk to them. You don't necessarily have to explain everything to them, just tell them you are having a rubbish day, and that you need some cheering up. That's what I say to people.

And, it can just help (like Katralla said) to have someone there to sit with, even if you don't mention how crappy you feel, being with someone else can make you feel more safe and comfortable. I find that one of the main issues when I'm having a bad day, is that I don't feel safe by myself and there's nothing I can do about it. But being around other people makes it slightly easier, as you can't really do anything to harm yourself.

Just relax for the rest of the day, with a friend if you can. And if not, have a bubble bath, listen to some music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auiJPav_aPo although it's quite depressing, her voice helps me to calm down) and snuggle up on the sofa with a hot water bottle :heart:
  • Options
    Just relax for the rest of the day, with a friend if you can. And if not, have a bubble bath, listen to some music (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auiJPav_aPo although it's quite depressing, her voice helps me to calm down) and snuggle up on the sofa with a hot water bottle :heart:

Thanks. I'm in halls so don't really have a sofa, bath or telly but I'll watch something on iPlayer for a bit I guess.
  • Options
    Would spending some time in the common room help anyway?

Might as well sit there as in your room, and then when someone passes it won't be empty and they may well pop in and then you'd have some company. I don't know if there's wireless and you could do the iPlayer watching in there instead? Or put a film on.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    Thanks. I'm in halls so don't really have a sofa, bath or telly but I'll watch something on iPlayer for a bit I guess.

Aw okay, well I hope you feel a bit better soon *hug*
  • Options
    Only helpful advice I can offer is vent it out over lj or the samaritans maybe? but i understand where you're coming from and sending some support your way xx
  • Options
    *hugssssssssssss*