Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anxiety stuff

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm having a really bad day I just need to rant.

I was determined to get up early today and shower and stuff before prayer and mass but I got out of bed and saw a pile of my clothes on the side and freaked out about my weight. I haven't been able to leave my room at all because I don't want to be seen. I missed breakfast for the first time all year and didn't go to any of my four lectures this morning. I've been trying to work but my concentration isn't up to it.

I just feel like shit :yeees:

Comments

• Options
    *hug*

it sounds like your putting a lot of pressure on yourself..getting up early, going places as well as lectures and work..no wonder your getting stressed :)

if your not feeling up to working today, dont force yourself as it wont go into your brain anyway and your better off waiting till your feeling more positive. If you feel upto it, it might be a good idea just to leave your room and see the outside world or talk to someone ..to get you out of the bubble and it might make you feel better..

i know when i stay in my room all day it just makes me feel worse..though if thats what you need dont worry about it..just try to stay healthy and just have a nice lunch :)

hope you feel better soon xx
  • Options
    i_amjade wrote: »
    it sounds like your putting a lot of pressure on yourself..getting up early, going places as well as lectures and work..no wonder your getting stressed :)

That's just life here, the day starts at 7:30 with prayer and mass before breakfast. I got up in loads of time but completely lost the will to be seen in public.

Missed lunch but I'm going to try and go down for tea at 4 and not assume everyone is thinking about my weight - why would they, anyway? They're not actually nasty people.
  • Options
    i can relate to things you've said, but i've found the hardest part is making myself leave the room rather than being out in public. things dont seem so bad once im actually out. for lectures and things do you have a nice friend who you can arrange beforehand to meet? you dont have to say the reasons behind it specifically but seeing a friendly face first thing in the morning might help a little plus i know it's sneaky but you'd feel a lot more guilty for cancelling on them. the routine might help.

i think you're lovely and i've only met you once but would be proud to call you a mate. slightly cynical i know but i prefer to think that everyone is too self absorbed to give a hoot what people look like never mind their weight. what im trying to say in a really retarded way is that what may seem embarassing/noticable to you probably doesnt even register to anyone else.

it's like when i get a zit that gradually gets bigger and bigger throughout the day. i finally get to a mirror and im traumatised and hugely embarassed by it, then i ask my friends why didnt they tell me and they say 'it isnt that big, stop stressing'. maybe they are just telling me that to be kind but even so, none of my friends cared that i had a huge zit pulsating yellow goo on my chin, because theyre my friends. i really dont mean this in as a criticism of you because i do it myself but i do genuinely believe it's important to give our friends some credit, they arent all terrible people :P

let them support you without even knowing it (e.g meeting up in the morning before a lecture for a cuppa tea). i know that i'd appreciate the invite because of the routine and also just because i cant function without a cup of tea without at least two sugars. also kate, you're great (see it rhymes!!) be kind to yourself. you're smart, beautiful, strong-minded and it shows! :)
  • Options
    Nothing much to say (sorry) apart from *hug* , you're a beautiful person. :heart: