Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

staying at my boyfriends (self-harm)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
tomorow evening im staying at my boyfriends for the night. and im usually really open with like getting dressed and showering and stuff cause i dont mind him seeing me. however a few days ago a s/h for the first time in 2years. ive only being seing him since i got the help to stop, but he understands my past and the scars and stuff. i was so upset when i gave into the urg especailly after so long without it. i just dont want him seeing as it may not go down well, but then if i act different getting dressed and stuff he is going to know something is up. oh dear :S

Comments

• Options
    where have u sh?
  • Options
    I don't think you should worry about it. If he knows you did it in the past and understands, whats the problem? If he's into you, he's going to be concerned about you, that is all. Maybe you should just tell him, like I say, if he understands then what are you worried about?
  • Options
    Spliffie wrote: »
    I don't think you should worry about it. If he knows you did it in the past and understands, whats the problem? If he's into you, he's going to be concerned about you, that is all. Maybe you should just tell him, like I say, if he understands then what are you worried about?
    When I was with my ex I mostly stayed free of s/h but the few times I did do it she was more upset and sympathetic than anything.

Maybe tell him before he sees it?
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    Maybe tell him before he sees it?

:yes:

that's what i would do.
    the sad truth is that my OH kind of expects to see it, so he doesn't (visibly) get upset, but he probably did the first time he ever saw any proper cuts.
    he might appreciate you telling him that you've slipped up anyway, and if he already knows it should be a bit less awkward.
    he will still think you are lovely *hug*
  • Options
    omg hi wrote: »
    :yes:

that's what i would do.
    the sad truth is that my OH kind of expects to see it, so he doesn't (visibly) get upset, but he probably did the first time he ever saw any proper cuts.
    he might appreciate you telling him that you've slipped up anyway, and if he already knows it should be a bit less awkward.
    he will still think you are lovely *hug*

If you dont tell him it might make him feel like you dont trust him enough to share stuff like this him. If it were me i would rather know so i could help and support you through it