Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pains

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a question on if my gf is pregnant or not. It's too early for her to do the test and she has been having pains all over her body and brown discharge coming out of her vagina. I am not sure if she is from what there is now or not but I'm really worried. I used a condom to reduce the chances of her getting pregnant and not sure if she is or not. If I am leaving anything out then plz ask me and I will respond with the required information

Comments

• Options
    ...sounds like a period to me.
  • Options
    should i really be freaking out about this? its more of pain all over and more sleepy than normal and stuff like that too.
  • Options
    Periods are temperamental beasts. I can have no pain at all and perfectly fine one month, to being completely incapable of movement the next.
  • Options
    how long ago did you have unprotected sexing?
  • Options
    I never had unprotected sex. I wore condoms at all the times I had sex. I don't know if this has happened before I had sex with her with the condom on but im very confused about this. Its been going on since the day after her and I did it and I wore a condom.
  • Options
    I sounds like a period to me. Mine are like that and I'm definitely not pregnant.
  • Options
    I really hope that she isn't pregnant and it's been about a week and a half and continuing on with the brown discharge coming out and with all the pains and more sleepy and more appitite and also her nipples are more swollen. does this happen normally?
  • Options
    Has she gone on the pill recently?
  • Options
    She is not on the pill at all
  • Options
    It sounds unlikely she's pregnant but she should get her GP to check her out. It's probably a weird month but just in case.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    It sounds unlikely she's pregnant but she should get her GP to check her out. It's probably a weird month but just in case.
    :yes:.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »

like are you saying that it could be a late period?
  • Options
    Rawrfire wrote: »
    like are you saying that it could be a late period?
    Periods are really temperamental, like I said. The one I'm on right now is coming up for two and a half weeks (granted, it's probably because of the pill I'm on, but still), but my normal ones have been known to be anything between three days and a week. It's normal for her boobs to be more sensitive and for her appetite to change on a period, too. My appetite goes into hyperdrive when I come on.
  • Options
    Periods are really temperamental, like I said. The one I'm on right now is coming up for two and a half weeks (granted, it's probably because of the pill I'm on, but still), but my normal ones have been known to be anything between three days and a week. It's normal for her boobs to be more sensitive and for her appetite to change on a period, too. My appetite goes into hyperdrive when I come on.

well its been a week and a half right now and she is not on the pill. Not sure what exactly it is that comes with a period. It might give me more ease if i knew what could happen during a period.
  • Options
    Rawrfire wrote: »
    well its been a week and a half right now and she is not on the pill. Not sure what exactly it is that comes with a period. It might give me more ease if i knew what could happen during a period.
    All sort of things.
    They can last anywhere up to about 2 weeks (5 days is considered 'normal' I'm told).
    Colour and consistency of discharge can change and this isn't usually an indication of a problem.
    Sexual and genital areas will be more sensitive, and often somewhat swollen.
    She may feel bloated.
    Pain is common anywhere from thighs/lower back to abdomen. Headaches are also common.
    It can make people very tired, because of the loss of iron (a sort of anaemia).
    Emotional changes (particularly upset, being 'teary' or having mood swings).

So all of the things you've described are within the very broad bounds of normality.