Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cpn

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been told by my uni mentor that ideally i should have one to help me. I am really struggling at the mo. if i ask for one next time i see my psychiatrist, how do you think i should go about it? maybe if i have a cpn to talk to everyday, not only might it help me to open up and stuff, but maybe help the psychiatrist come to a conclusion about me. :(

Comments

• Options
    It would definitely be worth talking to your pyschiatrist about (I really can't spell). Even if they don't think it's necessary, or have other ideas then at least you'll know you've asked - and can tell your mentor.
  • Options
    yeah your CMHT really should be offering more than just check-ups with a psychiatrist. it's definitely worth asking about :) when i saw a CPN the appointments were weekly.
  • Options
    I had a care coordinator (though mine was a social worker) through my last CMHT and that contact made the world of difference to how functional I was. It's definitely worth asking; maybe get your mentor to get in touch with them because as another professional in the same field he might be taken more seriously? If your mentor doesn't have that clout, get your GP to do it.