Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lost and in need of help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I went to the doctors the other day, as review of the new meds, got them up'd a tad. He was a really good dr, talks and understands. He's also referred me to a therapist, a stepping stone to getting better. I did express my feelings toward him about my fear and how I'm feeling about when my nana dies and the aftermath of it(i.e funeral), which scares the shit out of me, knowing that my mum will be howling and the family being distraught, its going to be heartbreaking, so he gave me some diazepam for when those very difficult times come.
I'm so worried about my girlfriend as, she feels somewhat similar to me, our head have lost our GPS and were lost and don't know what to do or where to go, shes stuck in a job that she doesn't like, shes doing it for me as thats her way of financially supporting us, and because we moved here, in the country, we don't drive, We used to live in town, when her anxiety was bad but we built her up to travelling okay, but going on the bus nearly everyday or second day, there was times when she would panic. it seems now that her fear has built up again for travel and change. Shes scared incase she goes back to being really bad. I really want to help, but don't know where to start, and I know its really effecting her, and in some ways its effecting us. Anyone know of any idea's? Soo stuck and in need of help!

Comments

• Options
    Hello,
    I am sorry to hear about your loss, it can be very daunting losing someone so close to you *hug* I am glad you are getting help from both your Dr and couseller, does speaking help you? I am glad you are trying hard to get better.

You sound like a very good friend trying to support her, have you spoken to her, or could you get some help and support for her like you havee got for yourself? I would definetly work on getting support for the both of use. It may be of more use talking to your local GP, would you do that?

Take care *hug* x
  • Options
    She's not passed yet, but she is dying. We don't know how long she will have, maybe the scan tht shes gettin next week will give us more of an idea.
    Yeah we've spoken lots about it, we're just discussing options. Its all hard and confusing atm.