Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

2mg diazepam

have been prescribed some of this as i'm flying at the end of the month and i'm a bit of a baby when it comes to planes.

anyway, i know 2mg is a small dose so my question is...has anyone here had it and if so, did it have any effect?

i'm worried its not going to calm me down at all.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i always have diazepam with me. i don't find that it has a huge effect on calming me down, but i know it works well for lots of people. apart from anything else, for me it has a huge placebo effect - i know i have it and that in itself calms me a bit.
  • Options
    i think 2mg will probably be fine, but if you need another one, its still well under the maximum dose
  • Options
    it will calm you down a little. Enough to get through it, but it wont space you or mong you or anything
  • Options
    ahhhh :|

i hope it does something for me. i get so so panicky on planes. i'm starting to get nervous about the flight now. its 13 1/2 hours! :nervous:

i have 16 tablets and have been advised to take 1 or 2 every 4 hours so if i take two, maybe it will help. have 4 tablets spare if i get really bad. not sure if taking anymore would help me though. argh.
  • Options
    out of interest, can you drink alcohol whilst taking it?
  • Options
    I would take them all and drink on them :D
  • Options
    out of interest, can you drink alcohol whilst taking it?

it's not a brilliant idea.

it's all on the leaflet :)
  • Options
    yeah, i've got my prescription but i haven't actually got them yet. will read the leaflet when i get them!
  • Options
    i've been prescribed between 5 and 10mg before, it's really helped me a lot when i've been anxious :) but i wouldn't recommend drinking just because it'll knock you out!
  • Options
    that won't be a bad thing? i'd preferred to be knocked out!!!

i've just read online that mixing alcohol with valium can be fatal because it really slows down the heartrate so don't think i will :nervous:
  • Options
    I think that would be in very strong doses of both..ie: a bottle of vodka and a handful of 10mg tablets, which you are not gonna do. TBH once you've had the tablets you'll probs feel dozy enough to not need to drink :)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    2mg is tiny. I would take ten.

I woulnd't drink alcohol with them though.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I used to take 4mg when i could not cope with my panic attacks and within 45 minutes or so i would be zonked out, having said that i was normally exhausted form the attack so as soon as i was calm maybe i was just dropping off.
    They used to really knock me out i used to sleep for hours and wake up feeling soooooo good.

I don't take them anymore just havinmg them nearby helps keep me calm.
  • Options
    they dont make me sleep, but then not much does
  • Options
    Tbh I'd start with just the one until you know how it affects you and if you have any side effects. You can always take another if you need to!
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    I took diazepam with alcohol earlier by accident and would NOT recommend it. I feel pretty ill, tbh... So just a warning!