Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

scared of today.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
okay, some of you may have seen the post by Looking4help,
and yeh im that friend..

today the school are gonna tell my parents who i know will kick off big time..
super terrified. :(

nothing happened yet and already i dont want to come home tonight.
i had around 4 panic attaks yesterday and i can feel one coming on now..
whhat can i do to calm myself down ?

Comments

• Options
    Hey there TryingtobeStrong :wave:

I've just been reading Looking4Help's thread, you've certainly got a good friend there looking out for you :yes:

Is there a reason why you think your parents will kick off? Have they got any idea that you've been feeling down? They may be shocked and upset at first but often getting these things out in the open is for the best, in the long term so that they can help you. It sounds like you've had a lot going on recently and talking about it can help to take the pressure off.

We've got some advice on panic attacks and this part is something you can try now:
    If you feel you're about to lose it, try out this simple exercise:

* Take long, deep breaths.
    * Fill your lungs, count to three and exhale slowly.
    * Repeat until the feelings of panic pass.

Here's the link to the article: http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/anxietyandstress/panicattacks

Let us know how things go today *hug*
  • Options
    i agree with what Jo said, it is in most instances helpful when parents know (i know not everyone will find this though). Parents most often go a bit mad when you frighten them so if they are angry at first try to remember that their initial reaction will be because they are scared and worried. Don't take it as a criticism of you. When they have had time to process the information they will most likely want to help you and the best way you can help them to do this is to be completely honest about how you feel.

I know it seems scary now and i can understand the panic attacks but use the techniques that Jo said and keep telling yourself that this is part of moving forward and improving your life in the long term. Try and find something to help that will relax you - maybe an upbeat or happy song you can lose yourself in and really concentrate on the lyrics to keep your mind occupied so you aren't thinking about what is making you panicky so much.

Usually the anticipation of something is alot worse than the doing of it tbh.
  • Options
    thanks guys :)

today wasnt as bad as i was anticipating, but found out that the meeting with my parents has been put off again.

i told them i had been self harming last night and my mum went mental. she calmed down a little but stayed angry.

i did come home but my mum isnt around yet. the only thing that made my decision to come is that my stepdad picked me up.