Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Feeling so guilty

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Very briefly I have been with my boyfriend for over 10 years, he recently moved back to the Uk after living abroad for 2 years. I supported him through his time abroad and have been loyal and faithful. I love him a great deal but we have been having a tough time since he has returned as as he has been very depressed and pushing me away, this has been very upsetting for me. I have asked if he wants to end the relationship, but he sais no, so am just trying to be as supportive as I can. There is loads more to talk about but we would be here all day.

Basically I went out this Saturday with an old friend and got very very drunk, I don’t quite remember how it happened but we kissed for a second on the lips, not a proper kiss at all, but am ashamed I got myself into a stupid situation. I am now feeling horrendously guilty. What should I do about this? Should I just try and forget the whole thing? My boyfriend will not be able to handle me telling him this as he gets very jealous at the minute and I fear I would lose him forever, not just as a partner but a friend as well.

Can anyone advise on what they would do? I can't stop beating myself up over this stupid incident. I had absolutley no intention of kissing anyone that evening and I don't understand my behaviour.

Comments

• Options
    It was a one-off. You were drunk and probably a little depressed yourself about your boyfriend. You've learnt your lesson and it really wasn't a big deal. Just move on and say more more about it. :) *hug*
  • Options
    I agree with Teagan. Maybe you were so so excited about him coming back and now you've had troubles with him you were looking for some comfort from elsewhere. You obviously feel guilty and have learnt your lesson so dont mention it and carry on supporting your boyfriend
  • Options
    i wouldn't worry about a drunk peck on the lips - i do that all the time, if it was bordering snogging, or there was intention behind the kiss then i would be more concerned.