Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

First sex toy!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Dont know where to start!

Im looking at getting a little silver bullet vibrator but are they any good? I dont want to get anything that is umm 'too good' so when i'm with a guy its not ruined for me.

Anyone got any advice, ive never had one before

Comments

• Options
    It all depends on what kind of thing you're after; given that you've said you're considering a bullet, I'm assuming you wouldn't want something that goes inside you as well as providing clitoral stimulation?

I'd pop into a shop and ask to try some of them out; I've always been shocked at the variation in quality of external vibes and the most expensive ones aren't always the best! If you buy online you also ca't really get a sense of the amount of noise it makes; I find the buzz really offputting so it's handy to be able to hear it before you buy. The staff will also be able to help you out if you have any questions....

I had a little bullet for a while but found that not being able to adjust the strength/intensity was a bit annoying, as at different times of the month I'm more/less sensitive and at some points it was too intense for me.

As for affecting your ability to orgasm when you're with a partner, I wouldn't worry too much about that - vibrators don't desensitise the clit, despite popular opinion. Don't spend money on a 'mediocre' sex toy - get a great one!
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Im looking at getting a little silver bullet vibrator but are they any good?

:yes: :yes: :yes:

:D

The batteries run out like woah, though. Also don't buy the batteries from Ann Summers, get them online. Ann Summers sell them for £3.50 for one and I found them for like £1.80 for two somewhere else.

Also, the thing you should be aware of is that the sensation of a vibrator is very, very different to what you'd get with a guy. It can give you more intense orgasms and faster, but it's not nearly the same and it certainly won't ruin it. I would still much rather have a head in my crotch than have my bullet down there, and I LOVE my bullet.
  • Options
    I had a little bullet for a while but found that not being able to adjust the strength/intensity was a bit annoying, as at different times of the month I'm more/less sensitive and at some points it was too intense for me.

They come with three intensity settings now :). You just push the button on the end once, twice, or three times to get to the different strengths.
  • Options
    They come with three intensity settings now :). You just push the button on the end once, twice, or three times to get to the different strengths.

Is that the 80mm one cos theyve come out with a 120mm one now. Might get one anyway, theyre only a tenner on lovehoney
  • Options
    Is that the 80mm one cos theyve come out with a 120mm one now. Might get one anyway, theyre only a tenner on lovehoney

The Tracey Cox bullet on Lovehoney is my absolute favourite of all my vibes, I'd definitely recommend it to anyone. As Butterflykisses said, money isn't everything. My most expensive one is the one I like the least. Also, Franki's right, as much as I love my bullet, I'd much rather have somebody down there!
  • Options
    Mine is the small one from Ann Summers, so yeah I guess the 80mm? I don't REALLY see much point in having one in a larger size, tbh :/
  • Options
    I went for the Tracey Cox bullet, cant wait for it to get here! :hyper:
  • Options
    i just got the 80mm and love it, let us know what the Tracey Cox one is like! haha.
  • Options
    I <3 my bullet also :D very handy for taking away on holiday w/you too
  • Options
    kezia wrote: »
    i just got the 80mm and love it, let us know what the Tracey Cox one is like! haha.

Its exactly the same as the 80mm silver bullet, and (apparently, cos it hasnt come yet :grump:) very quiet, exactly what i need
  • Options
    I <3 my bullet to! I killed one thou by dropping it, luckily I'm a rep so get them cheap! Is an excellent clit stimulator and the 3 setting cater for the different times of the month ;) hope you like your purchase :)
  • Options
    Its amazing! :heart:
  • Options
    Yeaaaaa!!!! :D:D glad you like it!
  • Options
    i've got the pink pocket size one from ann summers only has 1 setting tho, had it a few years now, whats the bullet like? i've seen them & they aren't too big either!
  • Options
    I love my little bullet vibe =D

Glad you like it Lexi!

No one should miss out on one of those xD