Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

A good phone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I broke my fone a few weeks back now, and im getting the insurance money through for it next week hopefully. Could anyone reccommend a good camera phone for £180? :)

Comments

• Options
    A phone's a phone isn't it? :confused: I just like one that's simple and can do what I want. Only problem I have with my current one is when I check my hotmail on the go it's an arse to scroll through the wap pages.

Anyway, depends on a few things. What type of phone are you used to? User friendly nokia's or feature-full erricsons? (it is erricsons isn't it?) what else do you want it to do?
  • Options
    Just want a phone, with a decent camera on cuz i like takin pics with it lol, i dont mind what type the one ive just broken was a motorola v something.
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Nokia 7250i :yes:
  • Options
    k700i you can get on orange pay as you go for £160 off internet - cant unlock to all networks just yet though
  • Options
    Extele do unlocked phones, have a look there maybe. Ive bought a few phones from there before, good service too.
  • Options
    no seirously at the moment noones managed to unlock the phones yet, none of the ones i know locally that verge on being illegal cant do it either :(

perhaps networks can
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    no seirously at the moment noones managed to unlock the phones yet, none of the ones i know locally that verge on being illegal cant do it either :(

perhaps networks can

How do you mean?

Phones are manufactured unlocked before being sent to the network which then lock them.

Extele buy straight from the manufacturer, or a distrubuter.

However if youre on about unlocking a phone after its been locked once, then your guess is as good as mine for unlocking it :confused:
  • Options
    Go contract and get the NK6600 for £70. A nice upgrade from my prehistoric 402.

nk6600.jpg
  • Options
    Originally posted by 5 StRiNg WiZaRd
    How do you mean?

Phones are manufactured unlocked before being sent to the network which then lock them.

Extele buy straight from the manufacturer, or a distrubuter.

However if youre on about unlocking a phone after its been locked once, then your guess is as good as mine for unlocking it :confused:

oh if they buy from manufacturer, good :D

but mines a contractupgrade one and nowhere can stop it being tmobile only at moment

well i culd use vrigin
  • Options
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    oh if they buy from manufacturer, good :D

but mines a contractupgrade one and nowhere can stop it being tmobile only at moment

well i culd use vrigin

Yeah i know what you mean, didnt orange do a service once where you could ask them to unlock your phone but it was for a fee of £50?

Im on o2 with a Nokia 7610, locked but dont think id use anyone else right now.
  • Options
    I have an nec e313.

It's a great phone on the technical side,
    mega camera, good video, big screen, plays mp3s with sony memory stick thingys. Only nag is it's size cause it's a 3g phone. I got it for £75 with £25 top up a few monthe ago. It's since dropped to £29.99 + £15 top up. Sucks for me but it's a bargain for you.

Just a recomendation for pay as you go.

My sister also got this nokia with the weird buttons, it has a torch and a cutter to make your own facias. Cool but it's still a nokia.

For contract I'd choose a snazzy xa2 or sony ericsson.

Hope I helped and soz for the essay:rolleyes:
  • Options
    It was interesting about 7 years ago. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    good update