Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Your day in a snapshot

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I thought this would be a fun thread to start, because you can contribute even if your day hasn't been particularly rantable or happy.

Todays snapshot: Me looking a bit :nervous: in a Y1 classroom because I got four hours sleep and a little boy just told me he thinks he did 'a bit more than a bottom burp' and the broken toilet. And by 'thinks', he means 'did, but Mummy hasn't bothered to teach me to wipe yet'. If you zoom in on said snapshot you will see a small but proud smear of green glitter on my upper leg/ lower arse cankle-type-amalgamation I only discovered half an hour ago. Needless to say I went home early.

Comments

• Options
    Not enough sleep. Bus late due to incompetent cunts at gas board. No money due to incompetent cunts at Royal Mail. Fleeced rotten due to incompetent cunts at UPS. First day of term and the students are annoying me. Going home soon as I am pissed off
  • Options
    I think the best snapshot of my day would be the face I pulled when I realised I had to drive through a flooded bit of road on my driving lesson today.

It was somewhere between :|, :eek:, :nervous: and :yeees:.
  • Options
    Yesterday is best described by this:

train-wreck.jpg
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »

train-wreck.jpg

you did that? impressive
  • Options
    Well, I've only been up for maybe an hour and a half, but I don't plan to really do anything today so this is probably the best snapshot:

Me, lying in bed with the phone pressed to my ear as the Chief delivers his morning wake-up call. I'm grimacing, as I struggle to sit up despite the wrenching pain in my abs and hip flexors still leftover from Saturday's workout. There is a speech bubble, but it contains no words, merely groans of annoyance.
  • Options
    salvia_painting_mpm3.jpg
  • Options
    Leave it to you to post an actual picture. xD
  • Options
    I haven't slept. Therefore everything is bad :(
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Walking back home from the post office with a package under my armpit, managing to get sweaty despite the cold from all the walking, with a "so sad it's funny" smile on my face about something that happened there.
  • Options
    MatrixBinaryCode.jpg
  • Options
    Dance last night where my ex proceeded to follow me around relentlessly. Talked a good guy friend into hanging around me all night to ward him off. After party until who knows when. Wake up on the floor, jump on friends. Drag friends to First Watch (A classy Waffle House) and eat mountains of food and drink gallons of coffee in our pajamas while getting ripped on by the waitress for being "sloppy heathens". Pretty good day so far :)
  • Options
    playing with playdoh with my 3 year old goddaughter and pretending to eat many many of the playdoh cakes she made me. then measuring wardrobes in a furniture shop, flicking the tape measure around like i knew what i was talking about. ahhh.
  • Options
    Me waking up at stupid-o-clock in the morning due to jet lag from crossing all the bloody time zones, tipping contents of my backpack onto my bed, thinking 'argggg too much stuff to go through!' and so made cup of tea instead lol. Tea makes everything better!
  • Options
    being left to sit alone in a waiting room, crying my eyes out whilst no one bothers to help me or ask if i am ok.

:(
  • Options
    omg hi wrote: »
    being left to sit alone in a waiting room, crying my eyes out whilst no one bothers to help me or ask if i am ok.

:(
    Oh lovely :(.

MSN?
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Sitting at my desk putting x's into an excel spreadsheet. Sitting at my desk being bored, in essence.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »

train-wreck.jpg

Good date then?
  • Options
    trying desperately to think of another word for 'poo' at work today when speaking to a resident. then settling for 'is it a number 2?' then realising i dont know if a number 2 is a poo. just because it rhymes it seemed right. then still getting a confused look. then just asking 'do you need to poo?'
  • Options
    we weren't allowed to say poo when i worked in a nursery, we had to say 'soiled' . like 1 years understand that!
  • Options
    I'm in biology lab, twisting the knob on the micropipette to adjust how much volume it sucks in without realizing that the tip still contained some liquid from the previous attempt at using it. Specifically, water with red food coloring. As I stare at the numbers, waiting for them to go down to 25 microliters so I can suck up the proper amount of liquid, I'm oblivious to the fact that the leftover red water is dribbling onto my paper.

My lab partner smirks at me, and says, "Do you see what you're doing?"
    "Um, what?" I ask, looking at the device in my hands.
    He says nothing, and continues to smirk.
    "I'm just twisting the knob!"
    "And I'm just watching," he says, laughing.
    I glance down at my paper to see a bunch of small, wet, red dots near the top of it, and promptly facepalm.
  • Options
    Dumplings! Dumplings everywhere! I make the most awesome chinese dumpling. I made dozens today
  • Options
    Funny how my dad calls my uni room a 'prison cell' when actually i get more freedom at uni than at home.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    To much Sake last night meant today was really unproductive. Fuck all happened today.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Stopped putting shit up my nose about 9am. Wondered back to my flat, smoked myself to sleep.
    Woke up, cooked some garlic kievs and chips. Went back to sleep and I've just woken up again. :d
  • Options
    Me on an exercise bike. I have resolved to get healthy and I'm quite happily becoming an adrenaline junkey. Still, it's not an especially pretty snapshot yet.
  • Options
    Got up too early. Sat on a train for too long. Learned all about TUPE, redundancy and business insolvency. Had a nice buffet lunch. Learned a bit more about TUPE. Sat on a train for too long. Sat on a bus full of screeching kids heading to a JLS concert.
  • Options
    Day off today. Woke up about half 7 instead of the usual half 5.
    Played Battlefield for a couple of hours
    Missus has gone out
    Read some of my book
    Had a shower at about half 12
    Got my hair cut
    Sitting with a beer typing this....
  • Options
    The snapshot of my day, or even WEEK, consists of this face:

:grump:

And this one:

:crying:
  • Options
    The snapshot of my day, or even WEEK, consists of this face:

:grump:

And this one:

:crying:

*HUGS* *hug*
  • Options
    Well, today has left me thinking I need anger management.
    Got proper wound up, chucked a book at my maths teacher, went up to haven and actually couldn't calm down. I mean seriously. Took me about half hour to stop shaking with anger, and then still I was snappy... not the first time it's happened either. I get like that quite a bit :/

but then got home to find boyfriend waiting for me, which cheered me up :)