Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

.avi to .mp3 conversion

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a couple of .avi files that I'd like to rip the soundtrack from. Live DVD and I'd like to listen to it on my iPod sort of thing.

Anyone know of a decent free converters?

Comments

• Options
    Super Converter.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    This might be too technical, but what you're looking for isn't a conversion. You want to extract the audio from a video file.
    The program I generally use for video editing is called avidemux. It's not that easy to use but it does good work, and it can extract the audio.
  • Options
    If the background noise isn't so loud, you can still just convert the video. I've used AoA before though, they have a free version.
  • Options
    Thanks guys, will see how it goes...
  • Options
    I would avoid conversion as opposed to extraction on the grounds that it takes far longer.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    My point was that you can't really convert video to sound, it would be like wanting to translate a family photo into English. They're not just different formats, they're different types of content. But since sound is a small part of a video file, you can extract it, similar to how you could type what's on your brother's t-shirt in that photo.
  • Options
    try Allok converter