Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Can someone help me please?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm a crystal meth user,but my boyfriend isn't. Now the problem we or better yet I'm having is this, we have been going out now for almost 6 months and this is the 2nd time that after we have had sex that he's accused me of having a std. The last time he went to the clinc they said he was clean, but now he's making us both go in the morning and a part of me is sceared even though I know I don't have anything. People will wonder/think yeah right, but it's true you see I'm a 41 year old woman who knows her body very well and on of the things I know is if I got an STD. First there's the smell of her body, it changes when you have an STD because there's a foreign virus or infection in your body that's not supposed to be there. I can just tell, but can somebody, anybody explain why does this keep happening? I think I know the answer, but just want to see if my mind is going in the right direction. Somebody help me please.

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi there,
    I've moved this from the drugs section as it seems to be more about your sexual relationship. Just wondering, has your boyfriend given you reasons for why he thinks you have an STD?

Great to hear you got tested before and it sounds like this could be an issue with communication rather than actual sexual health.
  • Options
    Different STDs have different effects though. In some cases, people with STDs don't even know they have it, so it might be worth getting checked.
  • Options
    im confused, why does he think you have given him an STD is crystal meth injected so he think you could contract like that? Also knowing your body doesn't mean you are STD free as some can be symptomless.
  • Options
    My ex accused me of giving him an STD too

I don't know if there's any chance this could apply to you but I went out with a guy who accused me on a number of occasions of giving him an STD. I finally realised it was a power thing - he'd act like a @*~& and I'd leave his flat and go back to my own for a few days. On returning, after we'd have sex he'd claim a couple of days later that he has 'symptoms', but they were never symptoms of anything I'd ever heard of. It took me a while to realise it was his gutless way of trying to find out if I'd had sex with anyone else while I was away.I put up with it cos i was a heroin user and he wasn't and in a way I felt 'lucky' to have a straight boyfriend. Once I'd sussed it I gave him the heave-ho, and I am so glad. Just try to think if there's any other 'controlling' type behaviour that might make you think this is what your bloke is at too.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    It might be worth pointing out that you can't smell an STD.......