Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Going mad

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Please tell me it's not just me!

Today I got up, had a fag, came back inside thinking about making a cup of tea. On the counter I find a mug with a tea bag and a spoonful of sugar in it. I am the only one thats puts sugar in my tea yet have no memory of assembling it. I boil the kettle anyway, put milk in it but have no memory of taking the tea bag out, which I (must've) did too soon and had to put another one in. Am genuinely loosing my mind. :shocking:

Comments

• Options
    Sorry its just you, in my opinion you are as mad as a box of frogs :d
  • Options
    Knew it...:banghead:
  • Options
    That's just what starts to happen as you get older.
  • Options
    haha I'm 21
  • Options
    I've had this happen to me before, unless it is happening every day or so then I wouldnt worry too much about it. My opinion/thoughts are that you have quite a lot on your mind at the moment, more so than usual, and without you realising it you spend the time half day dreaming without noticing it.
  • Options
    It must be something like that. My thyroid is on the twat atm so I spend a lot of my time knackered or in lala land - a friend of mine said when you're thyroid is gimping about it fucks with your head but I didn't realise it would be this bad!

I was hoping to tempt some idiotic stories out of you fine people but no such luck yet...
  • Options
    Nah. It's pretty normal. It's kind of like when you're walking home from somewhere, you usually aren't consciously thinking about where you're going because the route is already burned into your memory. Sometimes, when you follow routines, you start to not think about them. And for me as well... ya sometimes forget certain things.

(I won't go into the time I almost walked out of the house without my pants.)
  • Options
    Nah. It's pretty normal. It's kind of like when you're walking home from somewhere, you usually aren't consciously thinking about where you're going because the route is already burned into your memory. Sometimes, when you follow routines, you start to not think about them. And for me as well... ya sometimes forget certain things.

(I won't go into the time I almost walked out of the house without my pants.)

I sometimes do that when I'm driving, I am paying full attention, but if I'm taking a route I always take then I sometimes forget im going somewhere else than my usual destination.
  • Options
    Haha. Oh, that's the worst. Especially when you wind up getting off the wrong exit and have to go all the way around.
  • Options
    Louisek wrote: »
    Sorry its just you, in my opinion you are as mad as a box of frogs :d

:yes:

Batshit insane :p
    Evenstar wrote:
    I was hoping to tempt some idiotic stories out of you fine people but no such luck yet...

You mean like the time a couple of months ago when I kept adding sugar to my tea wondering why it wasn't getting any milkier? And then drank it anyway, even though it nearly took all the enamel off my teeth because I couldn't be buggered making another, and in between sips I kept forgetting how rank it was anyway.
  • Options
    I used to regularly check for my phone in my pocket while walking along talking to someone on the phone. I have actually been known to say to the person on the other end, 'wait, where's my phone?'

The responses I got were interesting...
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol: thanks guys
  • Options
    I did this this morning. I also turned the shower on, but I didn't think I turned the water on, only the power. So I came back upstairs thinking someone was in the shower, realizing I actually turned the water on, lol. Also left my aunties to grab the bus, which I forgot to wait for - but as I was leaving I forgot to put my shoes on and just walked outside.

Ahh...
  • Options
    I used to regularly check for my phone in my pocket while walking along talking to someone on the phone. I have actually been known to say to the person on the other end, 'wait, where's my phone?

Phones have a lot to answer for. It's not unheard of for me to look for my phone in the dark using the light on my phone.
  • Options
    I've felt for the houselight switch on my fone before... yesterday I put the milk in with the teabags and the sugar in the fridge :banghead: I'll be finding unbaked cakes in my wardrobe and cats in the oven before I know it.
  • Options
    Kaff wrote: »
    Batshit insane :p

New user title for Evenstar?:p

I do believe mum bought skimmed milk. My dad then thought it was me going mad. My colour and general vision may be rubbish; but there is a huge difference between coloured water (because that's what it is to me) and semi-skimmed milk.

A few times I have made a cup of tea, got dressed, brushed my teeth and then found my cold cup of tea.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    New user title for Evenstar?:p

tah-dah! I havent done anything crazy for a little while now, so feeling quite pleased with myself. I'll stick with the name tho :D
  • Options
    Glad to be of service :cool: