Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Appoarching a girl....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Yes I know, I've been in similar positions before but this time theres a diffrence, I know a girl through a friend and we've never really spoken properly, just a few convosations over msn etc, but we get on really well

Anyway, on friday, we're both going to a gig and I was thinking I might, well, talk to her etc if you get what I'm meaning
And safe to say I'm kinda nervous about it, and not really to sure what I@m doing as I'm really not the type of person to appoarch girls on nights out so any advice please :)

Comments

• Options
    CNN.

No, not the herp-a-derp news station. CNN stands for confidence, novelty and nerve. These are the three most important traits to have when courting the ladies.

Confidence is key. If you show her that you're scared of her, you obliterate your rapport in her eyes. If you're confident in yourself, you won't worry about what you're saying and she'll feel the chemistry. Your conversations will be more vibrant if you are confident because you won't be sitting there, quietly, gauging if you should say something because you might turn her off. Confidence tells her that there's something about you that she should like. Not having it usually means -- in her mind -- that there's something undesirable about you.

Women are attracted to confident men because it gives them the sense that they're with a man, who isn't supplicating to her every whim. Thus, it gives them a feel of the adventure and excitement dormant in most girls.

Nerve means "dare to be cheesy" (with a comedic flare). If you make a corny joke, show that you realize that it's corny, but laugh at it. You'll be surprised how well things like thumb wrestling a girl and overexaggerating corny pick up lines can work.

Novelty just means to be interesting. Everyone has interesting things about them even if they don't realize it. Chances are, your stamp collection is not it. Try to get the ball rolling with topics of conversation they've probably never had before; giving them experiences they've never had before.

I gotta rewrite it to add a lot more to it, but a very basic schematic I gave awhile ago can be found here (I'll be updating it soon.)

Any questions, feel free to ask. The Chief lives to serve.
  • Options
    Confidence is the best thing. I dont know about other girls but you know that feeling you get when you dont know what to say to a girl in case you turn her off? I get that as well with a shy guy, and it turns into a viscious (sp) circle with neither of us talking.

If the guy comes up to me confident and full of things to say then im more likely to have something to say back
  • Options
    it's good you've been talking on msn, try and use that as a conversation starter. has she said anything particularly funny? do you have any in jokes? smile and hold her gaze maybe, just act natural. if you like her it will show. not in a gormless, obvious way but she will get the hint. if you both seem to be having a laugh then after/later depending on what happens, text/msn if she wants to go out again. good luck curly wurly