Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

pride

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
today, i wen't for help.
i am proud of myself.. i hope it all goes well.

Comments

• Options
    that's great- well done!
    feeling relieved you have the ball rolling?
  • Options
    Well done for making that move, please let us know how you get along, really big step *hug*
  • Options
    thanks for the support! :)
    yeah, knowing that i'm not on my own anymore has made a huge difference already. i also managed to make sure that it happened without my mum knowing (i'm fifteen)

it's through the school, and i'm seeing someone once a week. hopefully i'll get through this. :D
  • Options
    Is it easy to get them to not tell your parents then??
    sorry, this is just something ive been a little worried about.

and congratz..*hug*
  • Options
    Congrats on taking that first step! Admitting that you need help with something, and then asking for it, can be one of the hardest things to do. I hope you find what you're looking for through this.

I don't know your situation, so forgive me if this is a stupid question, but why not tell your parents? I know some things are just plain hard to admit out loud, especially to your family, but they're there to support you. I struggled with depression for years and even self-harm for a while, and I didn't want my parents to know, either. Being honest with them made it easier for me to get better, though, because I knew I had them on my side. While it's certainly possible to get through things without them, a good support system can be a lot of help. :)
  • Options
    Is it easy to get them to not tell your parents then??
    sorry, this is just something ive been a little worried about.

and congratz..*hug*

anyone you speak to has to deal with what you tell them in confidence, including teachers, doctors, counsellors and any other professionals. they might strongly encourage you to speak to your parents, or encourage you to let them speak to your parents, but they can't make you. the only exception is if you tell them something that causes them to worry for your safety, in which case they have to break your confidence and get in touch with your parents, in order to protect you.
  • Options
    Ok that makes me feel a little better about it :)
    thanks x
  • Options
    Congrats on taking that first step! Admitting that you need help with something, and then asking for it, can be one of the hardest things to do. I hope you find what you're looking for through this.

I don't know your situation, so forgive me if this is a stupid question, but why not tell your parents? I know some things are just plain hard to admit out loud, especially to your family, but they're there to support you. I struggled with depression for years and even self-harm for a while, and I didn't want my parents to know, either. Being honest with them made it easier for me to get better, though, because I knew I had them on my side. While it's certainly possible to get through things without them, a good support system can be a lot of help. :)

i told my parents about it before, and it just fucked everything up aha. made things worse for me, for them, and for the rest of my family aswell, so it is just easier for me and them if i deal with it alone. :) it's good your parents were supportive though!
  • Options
    Ah, that's unfortunate. Hopefully this works out better for you, then. :)
  • Options
    Ah, that's unfortunate. Hopefully this works out better for you, then. :)

thankyou! :)