Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

It's bad

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm having a bad time at the moment. I'm not sleeping at night (I've tried milky drinks, exercise, lavender oil, over the counter sleeping tablets although I'm a bit reluctant to take these as I once took a whole box of them when I couldn't sleep and it was horrid). I have been self-harming. Today I took the day off my voluntary work (which I really enjoy but just couldn't face) and stayed home as I hadn't slept last night. My mood is really low, I've put a razor inside myself so Randomboy is going to be upset with me later as he hates it when I do this. He won't be back for a while yet and I'm barely coping, I'm having thoughts about ODing and other nasty stuff.

Comments

• Options
    keep calm and carry on *hug*

I know how horrible not sleeping is. I dont really sleep unless ive smoked some weed. If your insomnia is due to an anxiety disorder, sleeping pills will be less effective, as they wont override the adrenaline, and over the counter sleeping pills are shit anyway.
    Please take the razor blade out :(
  • Options
    *hug* I don't really know how to help, but I just wanted to send hugs.. and say I hope you feel happier soon... and stay as strong as you can.
    Is it just the lack of sleep making you feel awful, or is there more to it?
    xxx
  • Options
    Over the counter remedies won't work if the problems are to do with anxiety, they won't override your body. OTC remedies are good if you're having trouble nodding enough, but not for much else.

Can you go for a run or something? I find that I can sleep much better when I've pushed myself at the gym because I've physically exhausted myself to the extent that my brain can't override my body. If I don't go to the gym for a few days I have horrendous trouble sleeping.

Other than that, please take the razor blade out. You're only doing it to piss Randomboy off in the forlorn hope that he'll leave you so you don't have to let him be close to you.
  • Options
    Just *hug*
  • Options
    Kaff wrote: »
    Just *hug*

I second this *hug* Wish I had something useful to tell you :(
  • Options
    Kaff wrote: »
    Just *hug*
    +1 *hug*
  • Options
    Be strong Randomgirl you know you can do it
  • Options
    I agree with ArcticRoll about perhaps tiring yourself out before you go to bed. Getting into a routine of getting up at a certain time, exercising, winding down, etc. can also help.

In the meantime *hug* because insomnia is horrible and stressful at the best of times.

Take care
  • Options
    be as strong as you can be randomgirl. i care about you very much x
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I took the razor out (RB made me). I feel much better now that he is here with me although I keep following him around like a sheep tonight, I won't even go to the toilet unless he comes with me. I go back to therapy on Friday (there was a Christmas break) so hopefully that will help.
  • Options
    I hope that helps. It is nice that you have somebody there for you.
  • Options
    I dont know you or your story but after reading your post I just wanted to say I hope you are ok and keep safe. lots of hugs x
  • Options
    The doctor gave me some Tamazepam to help me sleep. It helps me get to sleep but I wake early still. It's helped a bit though. She also advised salt baths to stop infections.
  • Options
    Oh RG, big hugs to you. Hope things pick up.

(got any tamazepam going spare? lol)
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    Oh RG, big hugs to you. Hope things pick up.

(got any tamazepam going spare? lol)

Thanks Kat :)

I KNEW you'd be one to comment on that too! lol x

ETA: I didn't get very many as I have a tendancy to scoff whatever I get all at once. So I get all my meds 7 days worth at a time.
  • Options
    Chortle, I would take as many as would be fun too...
  • Options
    hope things get a little easier soon x x
  • Options
    I took it at least two hours ago and I'm wide awake :grump:
  • Options
    Bah! Did you sleep in the end?
  • Options
    it wont override adrenaline. It all depends on the reason for the insomnia

Ive taken temazepam and still laid there awake all night plenty of times
  • Options
    try zopiclone ;)
  • Options
    i find zopiclone the weediest of the lot.
    Zolpidem is better in my expe. Had one of those at 2.30am after lying awake for 3 hours and it managed to get me to sleep in the end
  • Options
    never tried zolpidem (share the wealth? lol). zopiclone not only gets me to sleep but keeps me there too. Guess it just depends on what works for the individual...
  • Options
    if it works for you then its better to use that than temazepam. Less hangover
  • Options
    I slept really badly from about 3.30am onwards and then kept waking up. I was meant to be volunteering today at the hospice but I'm far too tired to go and when I get tired my other mental health symptons get worse. I've taken Zopiclone when I was in hospital but can't really remember if it worked well or not. I'm going away on Friday for a long weekend so I'm not seeing my doctor until Thursday of next week (I usually see her every Friday) so won't get the chance to ask for anything else.
  • Options
    its horrible when it stops you doing things you want or need to do

I hope your doctor gives you more help than mine, who pretty much said if night sedation wasnt working, then theres nothing else they can do
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    The doctor gave me some Tamazepam to help me sleep. It helps me get to sleep but I wake early still. It's helped a bit though. She also advised salt baths to stop infections.

Hello,

the doctor suggested salt baths to heal my stitches after mrs moo appeared - but the midwife said that lavender oil works much better - just thought i'd pass it on.

xx