Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Binge Eating

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i dont know because i dont have history of eating disorders but recently my eating habits have become strange. im not eating at school but its not harmful really so i dont want to sound stupid. anyways right now i feel like binging on food although if i do i will feel terrible afterwards and have to be sick. sorry i do not mean this to be triggering in any way but its something i havent really experiencedd before and i feel like s/h to try get rid of the feeling.

Comments

• Options
    try not to worry too much, im sure everything will be fine!! x

is there anyone you can talk to who knows about this sort of thing, because that may help you if your really worried :)

try to remember that s/h wont help in the long run.. and
    stay strong :) *hug*
  • Options
    the best way to avoid binge eating is to eat regularly during the day, rather than starving your body so that by the time you get in from school you want to eat everything in sight. try to eat something in the morning before you leave and then something at lunchtime, then wait for your evening meal. sometimes it can seem comforting to turn to food when you feel sad but you'll only end up feeling worse. try not to slip into unhealthy eating patterns because it won't help your overall mental or physical wellbeing.
  • Options
    try not to worry too much, im sure everything will be fine!! x

is there anyone you can talk to who knows about this sort of thing, because that may help you if your really worried :)

try to remember that s/h wont help in the long run.. and
    stay strong :) *hug*

thank you! I'm trying to find the courage to talk to my head of sixth form at the moment.hope you had a better day today and spoke to your teacher.
  • Options
    plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    When I was in therapy, I got told to make a timetable of when to eat, and stick to it. Would that help you at all?
  • Options
    plugitin wrote: »
    When I was in therapy, I got told to make a timetable of when to eat, and stick to it. Would that help you at all?

hm maybe i have been thinking about starting a food diary actually so thank you :)
    but when it comes to eating during the day i dont really feel hungry and at school i get a bit worked up which sounds really silly but its hard eating in front of other people and then i just ignore the food.
  • Options
    but when it comes to eating during the day i dont really feel hungry and at school i get a bit worked up which sounds really silly but its hard eating in front of other people and then i just ignore the food.

Dont think im in a similar position to u, but i can empathise with this... i dont always eat at school... but try to becuase my stomach just annoys me.

Worth a try.. keep at it xx *hug*
  • Options
    i hate eating infront of people bbe too its horrible but u have gotta block them out, my auntie was saying theres more imporant things in life to care about what people think and if ppl wanna stare let um coz it aint important and u know what shes right screw them :)

One question tho sweetie, is that the reason u dont eat all day because u hate eating infront of people or is it more to that? you dont have to say :)

Take care and im here 2 talk to anytime xx
  • Options
    i hate eating infront of people bbe too its horrible but u have gotta block them out, my auntie was saying theres more imporant things in life to care about what people think and if ppl wanna stare let um coz it aint important and u know what shes right screw them :)

One question tho sweetie, is that the reason u dont eat all day because u hate eating infront of people or is it more to that? you dont have to say :)

Take care and im here 2 talk to anytime xx

ha its easier said than done.
    i just have a strange relationship with food at times, i envy skinny girls and i feel sick when i eat. its something i can control.
  • Options
    How skinny do you mean?? x

Just wondering... as many people never see themselves as skinny, and see others for their true size (when they never believe it) I think its part of our anatomy to add a few pounds to our size everytime we see ourselves!
    if im making any sense at all with that :)
  • Options
    How skinny do you mean?? x

Just wondering... as many people never see themselves as skinny, and see others for their true size (when they never believe it) I think its part of our anatomy to add a few pounds to our size everytime we see ourselves!
    if im making any sense at all with that :)

hm i dont fully understand really but it's probably just me! i want to be skinnier than i am now basically need to loose weight.
  • Options
    haha dont worry, few people understand my rambling.

can i be extremely rude.. and like ask how much u weigh?
    Tell me to 'f off' if you like.. just curious.

because i feel pretty much the same way... but nobody believes it as i weigh only 8 and a half stone.
  • Options
    haha dont worry, few people understand my rambling.

can i be extremely rude.. and like ask how much u weigh?
    Tell me to 'f off' if you like.. just curious.

because i feel pretty much the same way... but nobody believes it as i weigh only 8 and a half stone.

sorry i dont want to say haha!
  • Options
    sorry i dont want to say haha!

thats fine! x

cant really tell from this ofc.. but im sure you dont really need to lose weight... its just that feeling everybody seems to get xx
  • Options
    hunie trust me i understand,
    i have an eating disorder so know excactually how u feel,
    Its so hard i no but you need to talk to a professional :)
    there great support and very understanding. xx
  • Options
    hunie trust me i understand,
    i have an eating disorder so know excactually how u feel,
    Its so hard i no but you need to talk to a professional :)
    there great support and very understanding. xx

I can't talk to anyone though :-( i need help but don't have anyone.
  • Options
    I can't talk to anyone though :-( i need help but don't have anyone.

Its difficult... but im sure you will find someoe eventually x

I used to think this, and it took me nearly a year, but i found someone to talk to in the end.

*hug*
  • Options
    I am beginning to feel I need help from a professional but I am too scared to approach the situation.
  • Options
    I know exactly what you mean xx

Although today has been amazing for me, and a pretty big breakthrough i think, im yet to meet my counsellor...

and im absolutley terrified.

but "life is all about risks, everyday is unpredictable and to live life without taking a chance, ever, is hardly life at all"

I think it would be good though, as i found out today, sometimes it takes someone else, to ask for just a couple of words, of one thing going through your mind, and slowly work through it all, and untangle any of the muddle in your head.
    *hug*
  • Options
    plz check out me site :)http://beateatingdisorders.webs.com/

Lots of support there but turn ur sound off !!!!!
    hugs hunie its bloody hard wish ppl wud understand!!!
    too many people judge!! im here 4 u !!! i WONT judge i promise xx
  • Options
    I really don't know what to do because eating is not one if my main problems self harm is but at the moment everything seems to be getting on top of me and i am noticing my eating patterns are changing as well as feeling really low.
  • Options
    *hug*

not much i can really say... im in much the same place... but just know im here for you xx
  • Options
    hey guys - i think both of you needs to visit your doctor tell him or her everything and go from there, prob refrer you to a counsellor, sometimes talking can help, it helps me sometimes, also if self harm is getting u down and its outta control i think doc wud b able to help you, i self harm to so i know how it feels, is there anything whats bothering u to make u harm yourself?? is it the worse its been? xxx
  • Options
    hey guys - i think both of you needs to visit your doctor tell him or her everything and go from there, prob refrer you to a counsellor, sometimes talking can help, it helps me sometimes, also if self harm is getting u down and its outta control i think doc wud b able to help you, i self harm to so i know how it feels, is there anything whats bothering u to make u harm yourself?? is it the worse its been? xxx

its not as easy as it sounds though to go and visit the doctors :-/ i'm scared to do so. i've been to see a counsellor before but i didn't feel comfortable really.. :-/
    and i would say it's getting worse to be honest but i am trying not to self harm but sometimes the pressure and pain is too much to deal with. i need to get help i know but it doesn't feel the right time just yet.
  • Options
    hunie i know where ur coming from trust me i know, was just trying to b helpful sowi x
  • Options
    hunie i know where ur coming from trust me i know, was just trying to b helpful sowi x

you have no reason to be saying sorry,you were only trying to help so thank you!