Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

suicidal may trigger

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Over the last few days i have been feeling suicidal , i have called helplines over and over, but nothing has really helped me .
I dont even know the reason why am feeling suicidal... it's just i feel like i should be dead.
The only reason am living right now is my husband without him i would have been dead a long time ago , my husband knows how i feel and is supportive .
At the moment i feel like i want to OD , but am safe my husband is with me and he isnt planing on leaving the house until tomorrow .
The only good thing that happened today was a got a dragon tattoo that i had been wanting for a long time
Everything else seems hard to deal with and am not coping at all

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Big Hugs.
    I don't really know what to say to make u feel any better i just wanted u to know that i don't know u but if i could help i would, it must be awful feeling like this.
    My brother committed suicide 7 years ago, its devasted our lives.
    If u love your husband don't put him throu this, for people who like yourself, you do it and your gone, the pain has gone, its your loved ones who have to deal with the aftermath of it, and this is where THEIR pain begins. Trust me on this x
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi Disturbia,
    When we get fixated on a belief about ourselves it can be really difficult to break the cycle of thought. In your case you say you "just feel like I should be dead," which is understandably really upsetting for you.

It's good to hear that you've been trying helplines and also have a husband who is supporting you. Have you ever considered chatting to someone like a GP in a face-to-face environment about how you're feeling? Has there been any suggestion of doing this when you've called a helpline?

You say that 'everything else seems hard to deal with' - is there anything that you can identify that seems particularly hard right now? Or maybe there's something you feel would be easier if you had some help with it?

When your husband goes out today, maybe come online here and let us know how you're getting on, but maybe also take a look at some other people's threads to post some replies - it can be a good distraction from being by yourself and also responding to other people can be a good way to reconnect.

*hug*