Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Relaspe :-'( not sure where to post - may trig

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Arggghhhhh so freaking stressed!!!!!!!!!!!
I ate a baguette - cheese :O :O
so anxious !! h8 myself ive messed up 2day big time !!
i cudnt stop the craving i think its coz for over a week been under eating wont say hw much as triggering maybe its my bodys way of saying eat more!!! but i ate and purged what am i guna do :'(

Comments

• Options
    Arggghhhhh so freaking stressed!!!!!!!!!!!
    I ate a baguette - cheese :O :O
    so anxious !! h8 myself ive messed up 2day big time !!
    i cudnt stop the craving i think its coz for over a week been under eating wont say hw much as triggering maybe its my bodys way of saying eat more!!! but i ate and purged what am i guna do :'(

hey,I don't have much knowledge of eating disorders but all I can think of to say is please don't worry! no matter what addiction everyone can have relapses, I know this personally. it could well be your bodys way of telling you it needs nutrients.hope you are feeling ok. how old are you?
  • Options
    if you have only been eating vegetables for over a week it is almost certainly your body's way of saying that it needs you to eat more. It is very unlikely your body will be getting the calories(1500-2000 per day) and nutrition from veg alone.

Have you sought any help for your eating disorder? There are some good articles here...

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/eatingdisorders/eatingdisorderstherisks

http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/eatingdisorders
  • Options
    hey im 21 yrs old,
    i currently go to an eating disorders group,
    its not on this week but will b next week

i feel soooooooooooooooo fat 4 eating shit !!!
    hate myself hate my body!!!
    y'day punched a wall for eating too much cereal !!!
    im craving everything now as ate under 100 cals
    i dno what to do anymore ,

i dont get why family moaned when ate cereal but like the fact eat veg instead when beg is less cals than cereal

thanks for help xx
  • Options
    dont worry!!

It feels like a lot, but youve been undereating recently, and if you undereat for a while, you have to eat something big every now and again to stop your metabolism from slowing down and it really wont affect anything.
    x
  • Options
    I'm going to get fat now :(
    or at least gain :(
    omg panicing!!! why do i do it arghhh myy hearts racing :'(
  • Options
    maybe ask your family why they are happier with you eating veg over cereal? Perhaps they feel that it is slightly healthier in terms of vitamins etc?
  • Options
    yeah ur probs right, i feel so huge now for eating crap :'(
  • Options
    You wont gain.
    As I said, even if youre restricting a lot, its actually good for weight loss to eat something biggish every now and again to keep the weightloss on track. It boosts the metabolism. Calm down x
  • Options
    but i feel bloated surely ill gain coz not eaten properly in 5 yrs xx
  • Options
    Just a reality check, I know you think a cheese baguette is "so much crap" but that's your disordered thinking. A cheese baguette is a perfectly reasonable occasional part of a healthy diet.

It depends on what "just veg" is, but in general a variety of vegetables will contain a reasonable blend of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins, and vitamins and minerals whereas cereals tend to be over refined and heavy on the carbohydrates.
  • Options
    depresssedgal *hug*

dont worry, i've ended up s/hing again this weekend, but we can get through this, make sure u get all the support and help u can so things wont get bad again xx

stay strong, luv u babe *hug*
  • Options
    i read somewhere that in order to gain 1lb you need to consume 1000 calories a day more than you expend, for seven days. So say you need 1500cals a day for your body to function you would need to eat 1500cals x7 days plus 1000cals x7days. you won't gain from one cheese baguette. you wont have even consumed what your body would burn off if you laid in bed all day doing nothing (1500 - 2000cals).

Hope that helps you feel calmer :)
  • Options
    your body will be sooooo happy for that morsel of cheese baguette even though your mind is telling you otherwise.
    let it stay in and nourish you a little. It feels like a big deal, but its not, its just a sandwich x
  • Options
    Great i punched wall twice cudnt move hand but its ok now i did 4 eating so much shit last night not just baguette but crisps 2 i also cut myself i ent cut since december!! also threw up wen ent done that for months such a failure!!!

I dont care if body needs food coz its control with me
    i cant change that :(

Xx
  • Options
    do you keep a blog or journal? it may help to release the negative feelings between your ED group meetings?