Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Blistered hands

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't know if there's much that can be done but I though I'd ask you lot anyway. Basically, I'm currently on the move between Canada and New Zealand but taking a really odd route so I'm having to carry my stuff fairly regularly and I've now got blisters on my fingers. I've been applying hand cream and whatnot ever since I started but it hasn't stopped the blisters. I guess the cold doesn't help either.

Any ideas on stuff to make my hands less sore/stop them blistering more?

Ta.

Comments

• Options
    Not sure how useful this'll be, but I used to do a lot of bar work in gym (you know, all the flippy stuff) and that was proper hard on your hands. We had to put chalk/talcum powder on our hands to stop them getting sweaty, and therefore rubbing on the bar causing blisters.
    Obviously it wont get rid of your blisters, but it might stop you getting more :)
  • Options
    Maybe wear a pair of gloves when carrying the bags? That way your skin wouldn't be in direct contact either
  • Options
    Cheers, I'll see if I can pick up some talc today and maybe put it inside my gloves, give both of your suggestions a shot :)
  • Options
    A thing called Locus PaPaw Ointment is really good for blisters and lot's of other skin things :) it's originally from Australia but you can order it on line anywhere :)
  • Options
    Have a look for a product called Compeed. One of those bad boys on a blister and you won't feel a thing!
    I wear boots all the time and get some pretty nasty blisters. Compeed them, and I don't feel a thing, even on a 3 mile run in boots