Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

justified or not

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i need your thoughts. today, within two hours of waking, i had consumed two joints and a glass of carbenet. i then proceeded to finish an essay. if the behaviour is justified, why? and if not, why not?

edit:
i meant to post this in the health & well-being section. could a moderator please transfer this post? thanks very much :)

edit:
thanks for moving!

Comments

• Options
    You don't seem to actually be making sense.

However if I'm thinking right, then no I don't think what you do is right.
  • Options
    Justified is a strange word to use. Why does it have to be justified, and to whom would you do that?

Do I think it's helpful or healthy? No I don't.
  • Options
    This applies to both your threads. You may well be a smart and articulate person, but while you're pissed and stoned out of your mind you make really very little sense and probably contribute very little to society.

If you mean, 'can I justify this behaviour to myself?', then really only you can answer that. It depends how you want your life to be. Yes, you manage to complete an essay but really, was it very good? Judging by your coherence on these boards I'd say not. I'd say you could have done a lot better if you weren't wasted. I'd say the same logic applies to quite a lot of your life. I'd say your behaviour is justifiable if that is how you want your life to be.
  • Options
    Evenstar wrote: »
    probably contribute very little to society.

My old drama teacher, who honestly I look up to more than anyone, is ALWAYS drunk and/or high.
    He's probably the smartest person I know, and an utter legend. He's helped me, and a lot of other people, through a lot of shit.
    Just thought I'd make the point that just because you get wasted, doesn't mean you automatically become an idiot.
  • Options
    Evenstar wrote: »
    This applies to both your threads. You may well be a smart and articulate person, but while you're pissed and stoned out of your mind you make really very little sense and probably contribute very little to society.

If you mean, 'can I justify this behaviour to myself?', then really only you can answer that. It depends how you want your life to be. Yes, you manage to complete an essay but really, was it very good? Judging by your coherence on these boards I'd say not. I'd say you could have done a lot better if you weren't wasted. I'd say the same logic applies to quite a lot of your life. I'd say your behaviour is justifiable if that is how you want your life to be.

This.. :yes:
  • Options
    My old drama teacher, who honestly I look up to more than anyone, is ALWAYS drunk and/or high.
    He's probably the smartest person I know, and an utter legend. He's helped me, and a lot of other people, through a lot of shit.
    Just thought I'd make the point that just because you get wasted, doesn't mean you automatically become an idiot.

Is that why he is your "old" drama teacher?
  • Options
    Is that why he is your "old" drama teacher?

No... He drunk etc. while he taught drama. He's starting teaching drama again I think, he only quit because he started working in a solicitors firm and got more money
  • Options

i agree. some of the smartest and creative minds people i know drinks a lot and some does coke and pot. i think it isnt uncommon for smart people to drink more. do you have an idea why that is? anyway it can be an impediment.
  • Options
    Noo, I don't know why. But I know quite a few people like it... Most of them are 40+ and have lived a lot, and have a lot of knowledge to give.
  • Options
    As long as you get things done. Like doing the groceries, cooking, eating remotely healthy. Work, and/or have some kind of training/study. Be a social person, meet people. Have a remotely tidy place, and basically just be a halfway functional human being I see absolutely no problem with this.
  • Options
    I dont think thats a good way to start you day, its not healthy, youre body would much prefer some good food for breakfast, as would your mind...
  • Options
    I think the fact that you asked this kinda gives you your answer. You obviously know that this isnt good for you or you wouldnt have to justify it to yourself in the first place.
  • Options
    Cats, just to be clear, I speak as someone who had mental health problems, a pot problem, and been unemployed all at once in my past. Experience tells me that what you may very well need is a kick up the arse and a good look at your life, to help you to realise the potential to see in yourself.
  • Options
    sounds like a well balanced breakfast to me!
  • Options
    I remember years back waking up and snorting a line of coke before going out, i definatley got where i was going quicker.

Most people have drifted of the rails somewhat sometime, drink, drugs, they are all bad for your body and effect your mental state but the choice is yours...
  • Options
    sounds like a well balanced breakfast to me!

yeah but you have kids. Anything to get through the day :eek:
  • Options
    MoK wrote: »
    yeah but you have kids. Anything to get through the day :eek:

Haha
  • Options
    chortle, this thread makes me want a drink
  • Options
    its weird to ask is it justified.
    You obviously justified it to yourself before doing it, and if youve got no dependents or anyone counting on you to be clear headed and able, then you can do what the fuck you like really.
    Hopefully youll find you dont want to live like that long term and knock it on the head :)