Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I feel soo Messed up ..... I just need an Ear

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just feel so down at the moment & Cant pin point why! I am going to sit here & Go on and if just one person listens Thank you! I just dont know where to start really!

- Firstly, I got Swine Flu Christmas Eve so the day I have been planning to be so spiecal for my little boy whos one was ruint! Now It feels like I never had a christmas!

- We moved house beginning of Dec so it still doesnt feel like Home! I have so much I want to do to this house but havent the energy!

- I feel like me & my partner have grown apart! We just seam to live in the same house for our little boy and convience rather than wanting to be with each other! I just snap out but I do feel like he is really rude to me!

- I am pregnant with our second baby due in April! No one seams excited or really actully cares!!

- I stayed at my mums last week for new year! She was awful to me! Made me out to be a awful Mum to my little boy, saying ill never cope with two , Saying Kids in Romania are treated better than he is! Shes horrid about my partner too, but she never likes anyone! Telling me she thinks hes horrid to our little boy when im not about!

- Being pregnant is making my body hurt.. hips etc & I am soo tierd which I cant get out of!

- I just feel so lonely! I have no family who I could ask to ever help, friends I hardly see & Just am not looking forward to anything! This is so Hard

Thank you for listening xxxx

Comments

• Options
    Hi Holliepop2010 :wave:

So sorry you're feeling down at the moment, you're not alone *hug*

Moving house can be stressful in itself and often it may take a while to feel settled. Have you spoke to your partner about the way you're feeling? In order for you to be close you need to talk to one another.

Pregnancy is a hard time on your body physically and mentally too, maybe you can make a start on the new house a little at a time?

dp :heart:
  • Options
    like dolly said you've been through a stressful time so its no wonder things all feel carp at the moment. Any of those things would be upsetting singlely so as a list it must feel very overwhelming.

Think about what you want to acheive in the long term housewise and try and break it down into smaller, more manageable chunks.

Your partner may not understand how overwhelmed and rundown you are feeling - men are generally not good at knowing how you feel unless you tell them so talking is the way forward. See if you can find a way for you to have some time to yourself doing something for you, getting your hair or nails done, going shopping, having a pampering bath with no interuptions - something that is a treat for you. Also look at how you may be able to integrate some quality couples time into your lives together so you feel more connected as a couple.

i dont know much about pregnancy or the aches and pains that go with it, could you discuss that with your gp or midwife? i do know that bringing your stress levels down will be good for you and baby.
  • Options
    Firstly, as patronising as it sounds, don't forget that you are a) pregnant and b) still getting over flu, so are pretty much guarenteed to be feeling rubbish.

Then remember that Christmas is vastly over rated as being perfect and wonderful when for an awful lot of parents it's an exhausting, misery making nightmare.

Fret not about your little boy, like you said, he's 1, so will have had a lovely day whatever happens and while it might not have been all you've planned it wasn't a let down for him.

Moving house is hard work, moving house with a small child is harder work, moving house while pregnant is even harder work. You start to spot a trend.

How about making a list of the things you want to do to the house, everything from blu tak up some of your own posters/magnet some photos to the fridge to redecorating the hall way. It might look like quite a daunting list, but hopefully doing that will bring up some really quicky, easy simple things you can do to make it feel much more like home.

Getting you little ones toys spread all over the bathroom, your towels spread over the radiator, a hook on the back of the bathroom door for your dressing gowns, some of your photos unpacked and put on the side, some of your pictures or posters on the walls, will start to make a big difference on it feeling like home. The once you've got the list, you can aim to do something simple, like one thing each week on the list.

If you've been ill and moved and had Christmas its not a massive surprise you and blokey are struggling a little. Like others have said, try and have some together time, put aside an evening to snuggle on the sofa and watch a film, something really simple and doesn't even need a babysitter. Maybe have a coffee at home together one morning and go through the big to do with the house list and brain storm it together.

And don't forget, until you've fully kicked the lurgy, lots of early nights and fruit and veg as best you can.

xx