Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Guy mate question is this normal

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
was mates with a guy in work for ages he was engaged and we were friends i liked him but knew nothing could happen. After a year of knowing him he started acting differently towards me - started texting me out the blue,talk to me ages on chat,was quite touchy say stuff to me like how i wasnt just any girl and how i didnt need any beauty sleep,kept asking me to go for a drink with him. Saying how if we went out he wouldnt be able to keep his hands off me or behave, Yet he would say stuff like he enjoyed my company so u can understand why i felt i was getting mixed signals!

We did meet up twice once for coffee and the second time we went for a meal when on the way home we spent the time cuddling but apart from a bit of flirtyness we didnt do anything else. I was hoping he would tell me how he felt as i wasnt sure what he was after as he would also say stuff like how i trouble but he didnt know how much and that if i went for a drink id be going home with him.. Im a bit niave i know but was inexperienced as well.

So i was in a predicament. Suddennly the texts,the phonecalls just the way he was turned cold and i knew something was up - he'd met a girl at a party and a week later he dumped his fiancé and the girl dumped her live in partner.

I confronted him in how he treated me and he denied everything and now has cut me out of his life - saying that he pretty much has done that with all his mates since this girl come along. I havent seen him for a year and still miss him. Did i do the right thing and not getting involved. At the time in my gut i felt it was wrong even though looking back i could've done more

Im not experienced with guys so thats why i kept my distance he could be sweet yet when hed talk to me online say suggestive stuff to me like we should go for a dirty weekend or how if we went for a drink id be going home with him.

The one occassion he asked how many guys I'd been with I asked why his reply checking I was having enough sex

is it normal 4 guy mates to say this to girl mates?

Comments

• Options
    You haven't seen or spoken to him for a year? I think you should work on forgetting it.
  • Options
    If it has been over a year then its pretty obvious that he doesn't want you there. As much as his behaviour might have been a bit harsh, he has made his choice and I think you wouldn't get anything out of trying to get in touch with him. Infact you may make things worse for both of you.
  • Options
    IMHO you did the right thing remaining cold towards him and without attempting to sound horrible his silence speaks 1000 words...

From what you have said it sounds as though he is the type of individual who craves female attention irrespective of who, when, why and how it can\will hurt people. If this is the case, you are probably better off not speaking to them.
  • Options
    Random comment: Reminds me of ludvig
  • Options
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    Random comment: Reminds me of ludvig

:thumb: Join the club. I smell ludvig 10 miles against the wind, but I am always getting stick when I call it out, like "OMFG IT CUD B TOTALLY SOMEONE ELSE YOU INSENSITIVE BUM!"
  • Options
    I'm in the club too.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    :thumb: Join the club. I smell ludvig 10 miles against the wind, but I am always getting stick when I call it out, like "OMFG IT CUD B TOTALLY SOMEONE ELSE YOU INSENSITIVE BUM!"

haha this made me laugh. its totally the same story every time. but whatever, im glad somebody gave advice on this one then next time we can point back to one of the other million threads and say 'read this...again...'
  • Options
    I don't get what the point of it is, is this person really stuck on this one imaginary relationship?
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    I don't get what the point of it is, is this person really stuck on this one imaginary relationship?

Apparently. Some other poster once pointed out another internet forum where she is doing this too, much more frequent, with many more usernames, basically always the same story.

In my opinion this is way too elaborate for a troll, so I do feel sympathy, because it's apparently a problem to her, but dozens of people partook in the discussion and gave her advice over and over again, which she promptly ignored just to ask the same question rephrased again.
  • Options
    yeah I feel a bit sorry for her too because I think it's probably a genuine problem, the guy was a bit of an arse and lead her on a bit but she should realise posting the problem 100 times under different usernames and ignoring the advice everytime ain't gonna solve anything. ahh. I'm grumpy today :D