Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

New legal highs content

+Chimpy++Chimpy+ Deactivated Posts: 37 Boards Initiate
Hi there,

Just letting you know that we've published a new section of articles on TheSite all about legal highs: http://www.thesite.org/legalhighs

Also there's a new video on our Youtube channel to give an overview to the issues.

Do let us know what you think. :thumb:

Cheers,
Chris C.

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey guys, any thoughts on this, would be good to get your feedback!

:)
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    the dex page says to avoid taking with aceto-thingy but, surely it would say paracetamol on the british packaging, so for british teens the warning should be against dex with paracetamol?
  • Options
    And, are we playing find the missing apostrophes today?
  • Options
    in Kratom, the phrase "psychical dependency" seems odd, I'm used to reading either physical or psychological dependency.
  • Options
    Erm, I'm not quite sure how to put this without sounding a bit bitchy, but surely a page on the new 'legal highs' such as 5-IAI might be a good idea.

Also your page on 'legal highs: does legal equal safe?' says this;

"The [Misuse of Drugs] act can only ban specific substances and chemical compounds, so anything it doesn't cover is therefore legal."

This isn't really true, to make sure that MDMA type drugs were illegal the government basically picked up PIHKAL and said 'any drugs like these are Class A'. But I understand you can't put all of the complexity of our bonkers drug law in your information pages.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Doesn't sound bitchy at all, really appreciate your feedback. :)