Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Stupid, stupid stupid stupid

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello chaps

Just on here for a bit of advice. Long time reader irregular poster.

Basically, I fell off the wagon on New years Eve. I had a great night out with my wonderful girlfriend, who I love very much and is the best thing to happen to me in a long time.

A couple of her friends were along, nice people, who I get on with.

Basically, I made the mistake of continuing the boozing at one of their houses after we got back from the (great) party. I drank too much wine, started an argument for the sake of it and was an obnoxious little git.

They left before I got up the next morning. I guess this is in Drugs because of the alcohol element? Wasn't sure where to put it.

I've been told off by my girlfriend, and have said I'll apologize. I was thinking a card and flowers for each friend (3 of them). Will this cut it? Should I go over in person and say sorry?

This happened once before 6 months ago, and then another time several years ago. Does this suggest I have some sort of problem?

I am so, so stupid.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    McLovin wrote: »
    Hello chaps

Just on here for a bit of advice. Long time reader irregular poster.

Basically, I fell off the wagon on New years Eve. I had a great night out with my wonderful girlfriend, who I love very much and is the best thing to happen to me in a long time.

A couple of her friends were along, nice people, who I get on with.

Basically, I made the mistake of continuing the boozing at one of their houses after we got back from the (great) party. I drank too much wine, started an argument for the sake of it and was an obnoxious little git.

They left before I got up the next morning. I guess this is in Drugs because of the alcohol element? Wasn't sure where to put it.

I've been told off by my girlfriend, and have said I'll apologize. I was thinking a card and flowers for each friend (3 of them). Will this cut it? Should I go over in person and say sorry?

This happened once before 6 months ago, and then another time several years ago. Does this suggest I have some sort of problem?

I am so, so stupid.

Thanks for reading.

What did you do/say?

A face to face apology is certainly the least you could do, it's entirely up to your mates if it cuts it or not.....

If you are losing control of your behaviour when under the influence then I would say that is a problem, but if it only happens when you're drunk then there is a fairly obvious solution.

Personally I think behaving like a moron when drunk and having an alcohol problem are two seperate things. If you can control your alcohol intake it should be fairly east to solve....