Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

george foreman grills

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
wasnt sure whether to put this in here or in home? :confused:

who has one of these? i am thinking about getting one but don't know whether to get the proper one or the cheap tescos version. Would like to know which you have and what you think! is there any difference?

thanku

Comments

• Options
    We have a Foreman, it's great for bacon and toasted sandwiches especially...
  • Options
    MoK wrote: »
    We have a Foreman, it's great for bacon and toasted sandwiches especially...
    :yes:

And sausages.
  • Options
    i recommend getting one with removeable plates for ease of washing up, because mine is an absolute pain in the arse for washing
  • Options
    i recommend getting one with removeable plates for ease of washing up, because mine is an absolute pain in the arse for washing

:yes: i have a george foreman and its a pain to clean up!!!!!

its good for cooking meat though!
  • Options
    it puts me off using it
  • Options
    We had one in a my student halls, it was awesome but I was the only one that cleaned it. Untill some wanker tried to do scrambled eggs in it, then I gave up. Then he broke my toastie maker, also with scrambled eggs. Man I miss that toastie maker. Random post of the day, bowing out...
  • Options
    Never seen the point of having something that does one thing that you probably already have in your house and can easily do.
  • Options
    Evenstar wrote: »
    We had one in a my student halls, it was awesome but I was the only one that cleaned it. Untill some wanker tried to do scrambled eggs in it, then I gave up. Then he broke my toastie maker, also with scrambled eggs. Man I miss that toastie maker. Random post of the day, bowing out...

I just do my scrambled eggs in the microwave...
  • Options
    i had one and gave it to my boyfriend and got a new one that was bigger made by another company. its better because it heats faster and has removable plates. its made by a company called ikon and its called a revile and i don't remember where i got it sorry!
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Never seen the point of having something that does one thing that you probably already have in your house and can easily do.

they use less electricity and are quicker :)
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    I just do my scrambled eggs in the microwave...

he was a stoner :banghead:
  • Options

I'm going to agree with SuzyCreamcheese. Do get one with removable plates. That way you can either take them off and stick them in the sink to wash, or you can put them in a dishwasher. Both of which I can say from experience are certainly easier and more thorough than washing plates attached to the grill.

I'd also not go for a teeny tiny one. They seem like a good idea until you realise just how little you can fit in them. So do think about whether a larger one would be useful.

Whatever though, I'm sure you'll love it as much as I love mine! :love:
  • Options
    Slight tangent...

Why do some old people think they're called George Formby grills?
  • Options
    mines a george formby :yes: