Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Email notifications on HTC Wildfire

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I keep getting notifications and it beeps every time I get an email. Its pissing me off and I want to know how you can turn if off?

Comments

• Options
    Is it a gmail account, if so go into the hit menu, more options, settings and scroll down to notifications and turn it off.
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    Is it a gmail account

Same for other emails afaik, same for my uni one anyways.
  • Options
    Yeah.. I just set my work up through the mail app. its the same.
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    Is it a gmail account, if so go into the hit menu, more options, settings and scroll down to notifications and turn it off.

Yes its a Gmail account, although its still a Google Mail account because I'll have to change every account I have on different websites and I just can't be bothered!

I didn't understand where you said go into the hit menu? I loaded googlemail and went to settings and turned it off.

Thanks
  • Options
    To go to settings you had to have pressed the menu button, the pressed more with the three dots then settings, then notifications
  • Options
    I think this query was specific to Andoid OS rather than the phone model wasn't it?
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »
    I think this query was specific to Andoid OS rather than the phone model wasn't it?

Yup.. hense why i told him how to do it at my HTC isn't the wildfire.. same for them all.
  • Options
    I downloaded Froyo 2.2 last night for my HTC Wildfire (which took forever to download!!) Installed it this morning.

Now I can't connect to the internet?
    Any reasons why this is happening?